Audience Editor - Hampshire
HampshireLive is the new kid on the block in the county, but we're aiming to be the biggest and best source of news and features for all things Hampshire. We have an exciting opportunity for an Audience Editor to join the team. As the Audience Editor you will lead a team using data and analytics, innovative storytelling and new platforms to help us attract, engage and keep new readers. This role will see you increase the amount of these loyal and returning visitors to our site and also find new audiences by building new communities and using all the engagement tools available.
We're looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs
What will the role involve?
- You will monitor performance of content using analytics tools such as GA, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle and BuzzSumo and provide performance reports, playing an active role in conferences
- You will support content editors in the desking, planning and scheduling of content
- You'll innovate to find new audiences
- You will organise and plan live event coverage
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a minimum of two years experience in content writing, editing and/or management
- Proven digital skills including experience of using a content management system
- An excellent understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Strong local knowledge, ideally based locally
- Lastly, you will be passionate about digital storytelling!
So, who are we?
HampshireLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job