Job Title - Senior Public Affairs Manager
Location - London
Rates - £364.44 - PAYE or £417.40 Ltd/Umbrella
In Scope of IR35
My client is looking to employ a Senior Public Affairs Manager to be based in their London Office for an initial period of 3 months with a view to extending. As the Senior Public Affairs Manager you will develop and deliver public affairs strategies that are consistent and compliant with Network Rail's overall corporate communications strategy.
What you will do:
- Analyse and manage the development and delivery of strategies and activities in the government/public affairs environment that enable the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail's corporate communications strategy.
- Lead activities in responding to key legislative proposals, government consultations, and other strategic political consultations and developments that impact upon the company.
- Provide a comprehensive contact programme for passenger representatives' bodies and other national stakeholder groups, and provide assistance as appropriate to senior Executives in their interactions with those groups.
- Provide direct management and development of a team including carrying out regular 121's, appraisals, objective setting and performance monitoring.
- Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
- Analyse, plan and manage, public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
- Implement the major incident communications plan as required.
Your experience will include:
- Substantial experience in public affairs/lobbying/local government
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
- Evidence of good planning and financial skills, with the ability to deliver projects and activities on time and within budget
- Experience of directing and managing agency support
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational Centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply for Job