We have an opportunity available for an Assistant Gallery Manager on a fixed term contract (6 months), to assist with the running of our Gallery based in Chester. As our Assistant Gallery Manager, you will be helping drive the day to day performance of the Gallery and the team within the gallery. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong sales skills, people management skills and the commercial ability to achieve fantastic results.
Joining our ChesterGallery on a full time, fixed term contract (6 Months) basis working 37.5 hours per week (must be flexible as evening and weekend work is included), you will receive a Competitive Salary plus commission and bonus - OTE £28,000+ (UNCAPPED) and benefits.
Although Castle Fine Art is still a growing business, we still retain that family culture, whilst providing you with an opportunity to work with some of the best living artists, a beautiful working environment, and selling a unique luxury product. You will be supported with development programs and training courses throughout your career here.
Incentives and benefits we will offer our Assistant Gallery Manager:
- Excellent sales bonus and commission structure (UNCAPPED OTE)
- Staff discounts
- Perkbox benefits - Read more on the Perkbox website
- Pension scheme
- Plus 1 extra days holiday for each year's service, up to a maximum of 5 extra days (max 33 days holiday per annum)
Key responsibilities as our Assistant Gallery Manager:
- Assisting with the running of the gallery alongside the Gallery Manager
- Be totally focused on providing the right environment for success
- Daily contact with our clients, responding to interest in the gallery and developing further business through use of the client database
- The implementation and effective use of business development activities is the key, and to this end you will need to organise promotional events, generating interest and attendees
- Work towards realistic but challenging individual and gallery sales targets
- Confident in all stages of sales (from identifying the opportunity to closing sales)
- Assist with leading and managing a small team of Sales Consultants, motivating the team to achieve results and sales targets
- Assist with performance management (including one-to-one monthly meetings, annual appraisals, training)
- Ensure that the gallery looks tidy and presentable all the time
Skills and experience required to become our Assistant Gallery Manager:
- Solid track record of achieving sales targets in a luxury retail environment, whilst managing a team
- Commitment to quality customer service and the drive for results
- Financially motivated by commissionable sales
- Passionately enthusiastic about life in general and your job in particular you will be someone who has extremely high standards
- Possessing charisma and common sense in equal measure
- Inspiration to your team and a valued expert to your clients
- A detailed knowledge of fine art is not necessary, however ambition, willingness to learn and a drive to achieve exceptional results is essential
- A driving license is also highly desirable as you may be required to undertake home consultation visits with clients
Washington Green and Castle Fine Art is the UK's leading art publisher and retailer of fine art. Offering a welcoming, relaxing environment to enjoy art in accessible, high street locations, Castle Fine Art's ethos is encapsulated in its motto "Your World, Our Art".
We offer original paintings, limited edition prints and sculptures representing some of the biggest names currently in the art world, such as; Ronnie Wood, Bob Dylan, Raphael Mazzucco and Stan Lee - Marvel - just to name a few!
If you are self-motivated and driven, please apply now to become our Assistant Gallery Manager. We'd love to hear from you!..... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job