Assistant Chief Sub-Editor x2
We have an exciting opportunity for two Assistant Chief Sub-Editors to join our London office where you will be responsible for producing news and feature pages.
As Assistant Chief Sub Editor you will have already spent several years working on national newspapers and will have achieved and shown proficiency in sub-editing.
The role is extremely busy and varied, with the Assistant Chief Sub Editor organising and checking multiple stories and pages at the same time in order to meet deadlines. Must be comfortable working under pressure to deliver results.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms. Our network of over 50 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with over 15 billion page views in 2019.
- Distribution of subbing work to sub-editors
- Overseeing the progress and production of pages for the Star
- Managing changes to stories and pages as news events unfold
- Checking the work of sub-editors, revising and improving subbed copy and headlines
- Hitting deadlines while ensuring copy and pages are accurate and error-free
- Ensuring copy is legally sound and adheres to IPSO and company policies.
- Ability to quickly and effectively check headlines and copy and be able to decide if improvements need to be made
- Ability to manage workflow on a number of pages and stories concurrently
- Effectively manage a number of sub-editors working on different stories
- Manage changes to pages and stories as news events unfold, and liaising effectively with subbing staff over these changes.
- Strong IT skills - Apple Mac, Contentwatch, InDesign, InCopy
Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer, these include holiday purchase up to five days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job