We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a 7 Sub-Editors to join us here at Reach!
This is a position that requires a depth of experience in journalism. Those who work on the subs bench come to the job with a track record of sub-editing elsewhere in the newspaper/magazine industry and usually they will have spent time before that working as news reporters. The work is demanding and requires a high level of experience, concentration, attention to detail, and accuracy.
These roles are not location dependent and will include some Saturday work.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms. Our network of over 50 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with over 15 billion page views in 2019.
- Editing copy to fit allocated space
- checking facts
- ensuring copy is accurate
- Writing accurate and effective headlines
- Dealing with changes to stories as events unfold and updating copy quickly and accurately
- Adhering to house style rules
- Ensuring copy is legally sound and meets IPSO guidelines and company rules and guidelines
- The skill and judgment to decide if copy can be left unchanged or if it needs to be rewritten
- The ability to rewrite copy quickly, accurately and effectively
- To meet the very high standards demanded on a national newspaper in terms of accurate, effective and mistake-free copy
- The ability to write accurate, hard-hitting or entertaining headlines
- Use of Apple Mac computers, ContentWatch, InDesign, InCopy, online research, use of Clipshare
Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer, these include discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job