About the role
We are looking for an exceptional storyteller and copywriter - with innate curiosity, an eye for a great story and a love of language - to join our Brand team. Sitting within the broader Marketing & Communications department, the Brand team acts as custodian of our story and visual identity. And increasingly as go-to experts for creative input - sourcing compelling stories to fuel the narrative, fulfilling creative briefs, producing a regular supply of great audience relevant content for use on digital platforms, producing digital and printed corporate communications materials, as well as offering creative advice and training to other departments.
Through this role we want to:
- Drive our digital first storytelling, exploring new ways and trends to create a richer, online experience
- Deliver on more creative briefs in-house - as creative lead, rather than service provider
- Demonstrate the power of storytelling and beautifully crafted copy to solve communication problems and inspire people to take action
- Embed excellence into our storytelling and copywriting
- Make it easier for non- experts to use our verbal identity and achieve more consistency in how it is used.
You will research and write great stories, working in collaboration with other colleagues/teams to support print and digital marketing and fundraising campaigns and activities.
Using your skill and experience to support and internal corporate communications messaging and channels by working in partnership with designers and other creative colleagues to take internal briefs, advise on the best strategies to deliver results, and develop creative concepts.
By continually looking for new ideas and innovation you will champion creativity and promote our organisational narrative and identity.Supporting with content collection on international trips, as required, to gather compelling stories of change.
A proven flair for copywriting and the instinct to find, research and highlight stories that exemplify and highlight our work is fundamental to this role.
You will have a strong track record in researching, developing and commissioning engaging stories for range of audiences.Bringing your expertise in writing and editing to adapt messaging and tone to suit specific needs and channels including digital content for web, email, video scripts, infographics, animated gifs, and animation.
An ability to understand and interpret a creative brief, generate innovative ideas, and clearly pitch and communicate them to colleagues and external stakeholders is key.
Working in partnership with designers or strategists to solve creative problems.
You will have a relevant higher level qualification and 3 plus years' relevant experience, preferably from an agency background.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working - these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
Our modern, open plan offices are located in the centre of Rugby and near to Rugby train station, but we also offer free parking.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Full time roles are contracted at 35 hours per week.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required on an ad hoc basis, including attending events as a Practical Action representative.
- Flexible working hours are encouraged and enabled - depending on the role, remote working is possible.
- 26 days holiday rising with continuous service, in addition to public holidays.
- Pension scheme - employer contributes 10.5% of salary and the employee contributes 5%.
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary).
- Bike to Work scheme.
We are an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world's toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We're a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
- Please note that should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
- We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
- Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.
- The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in the UK...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job