Head of Communications
Closing date: 10am, Friday 4 September
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Ark Central, West London
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Interviews: w/c 7 September (virtual interviews)
Ark is a charity with a mission to transform the lives of young people through education
Our network of 38 schools in the UK achieves great results in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the country - and our ventures are tackling some of the most challenging issues in education.
The Head of Communications is a vital role to help shape and promote Ark's inspiring story of excellence and innovation in education. It will be responsible for fashioning and delivering how and what the organisation communicates to its external and internal audiences and stakeholders.
The role is permanent and will report to the Director of External Affairs. It will be responsible for managing a team of three people. It is based in Ark's London head office but with flexible working arrangements, including home working.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Shaping and implementing an integrated communication strategy to support the organisation's vision and mission
- Managing Ark's brand, and shaping coherent and impactful messaging for use across the organisation
- Developing impactful media and social media plans that support Ark's mission and values, and promotes the organisation's reputation as a thought leader in education
- Shaping internal communications plans that help inform and inspire all those working across the Ark family
- Creating high quality content that proactively tells Ark's story and shaping an effective presence on social and digital media channels that connects with key external audiences and stakeholders.
- Solid experience of working in a communications team with hands-on skills in internal and external communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills who can spot good stories and create impactful content for a range of audiences
- Strong media relations background and expertise in managing digital channels
- Highly motivated and driven by Ark's strong social purpose
- High-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet the needs of you and your team
- 27 days annual leave
- Career average pension scheme
- Access to a range of discounts through the Ark Rewards Scheme which includes reduced gym memberships, discounts at major retailers and travel loans
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining why this is the role for you. Applications to be submitted by 10am on Friday 4 September but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response, early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Apply for Job