Working in a team, the post holder ensures that parliamentary events are scheduled and recorded on the Unit's media management systems, transmission paths assigned for live broadcast, social media video streams created on request, and event details published on parliamentlive.tv.
Once in live operation, the post holder monitors the live broadcast output, and recordings, and responds quickly to troubleshoot issues as they arise, where possible. They support and work closely with Clerks, Hansard Administration, Parliamentary Digital Services, and the Unit's technical support contractors to identify and escalate faults and to work to find resolutions. They also create live logs for parliamentlive.tv, and will monitor and support a subtitling service, once introduced.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience of working with audio and video recordings, including scheduling, monitoring, and archive retrieval
- Live web stream and/or broadcast monitoring, and ability to identify issues, troubleshoot, or escalate, without direct supervision
- Ability to react positively to quickly changing priorities in a live operational environment, across a range of different functions and as part of a coordinated team
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.
Apply for Job