We are looking for a dynamic, organised person who shares our enthusiasm for distributing food surplus and educating people about the environmental impact of food waste.
Oxford Food Hub is at the centre of surplus food redistribution in Oxfordshire, tackling food poverty and keeping food out of landfill. Since 2009 we have been collecting surplus fresh and ambient food from a wide range of wholesalers and retailers, then distributing it free of charge to over 150 charities and community groups in and around Oxford.
We are passionate about preventing food waste and nourishing the local community, and we have an ambitious plan to expand our Outreach and Education program. We need a hardworking, enthusiastic candidate who will take the initiative, occupying a varied role at the centre of a small team.
You will be responsible for daily administration within the Hub office, being the key contact for our charity partners, donors and members of the public. You will maximise the potential of our existing CRM system to engage with private donors, corporate sponsors and other supporters. You will research and develop new partnerships with food suppliers and charities, expanding our network and supporting staff and volunteers to collect and deliver surplus food. And you will develop our Outreach program, reaching out to schools and other groups to share our message about waste reduction in the local community and beyond.
As Administration/Outreach Coordinator you will work with, and report to, the Manager, liaising with staff, volunteers and our Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities (in cooperation with the Manager) include:
• Education program: expand existing program, giving talks to students and other interested groups. Produce educational material for website
• Supplier liaison: maintain existing relationships, research sources of food surplus, liaise with other food hubs
• Donor liaison: cultivate relationships with existing donors through our CRM system (Blackbaud eTapestry), compile e-newsletter, and develop community outreach to engage new supporters.
• Events and festivals: manage bookings, risk assessments, ticketing, volunteer schedule and surplus food collections. Run event and onsite participation
• Customer service: first point of contact via website and phones, respond to food donation enquiries, fundraising enquiries, liaison with community groups
• Financial administration: to include Gift Aid submission, monthly donation reports and other basic financial tasks
• General management: oversee day-to-day office activities, and any other tasks in coordination with the Manager
• Social media: manage our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The successful Administration/Outreach Coordinator will have:
• a clear understanding of, and commitment to, the aims of the Oxford Food Hub
• the ability to work calmly and effectively in a busy and fast-moving environment
• good communication skills to work with volunteers, charity partners and suppliers
• confidence to develop and give engaging presentations to schools and other groups
• an understanding of the not-for-profit sector
• able to demonstrate literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
• excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• experience of using CRM or similar databases, website content management systems (Wordpress)
• a positive ‘can do’ attitude
• confidence to manage tasks independently
• background in voluntary sector and/or project management
• experience of public speaking or education
• experience of financial administration
• experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Interview: From 19 May, subject to Covid-19 social distancing guidelines. This is a new role that has been created in response to growth and is available for an immediate start.
Apply for Job