Assistant Communications Planning Manager
£28,800 - £36,000 plus benefits (Grade E15)
12-month fixed-term contract
Manchester city centre, with remote / flexible working options available
We're looking for an assistant communications planning manager to join our marketing team and help us deliver compelling communications to our members, customers and communities. You'll join our communications planning and media optimisation team, within our media centre of excellence, managing all aspects of paid, earned and owned media and communications for the Co-op. If you have the planning skills and passion for marketing that we're after, we can offer you the chance to develop a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an assistant communications planning manager, you'll be responsible for the day to day planning of what messages need to go where and when across all our Co-op marketing channels. We'll look to you to bring our brand to life in each campaign, define the channels and the budget, and engage the creative teams to deliver compelling assets. With your help, we'll be a bolder, sharper and more exciting brand, here to support our members, customers and communities for another 175 years.
What you'll do
• work closely with multiple teams and align channel strategies and comms requirements to develop structured and detailed plans
• plan all messages across our marketing eco system
• input to and continuously evolve the 'always on' media strategy for paid, owned and earned channels and associated channel plan
• deliver against channel objectives so that we maximise effectiveness and efficiency of spend and message
• make recommendations for media spend and campaign budgets
• define the channel mix for campaigns
• work as part of agile campaign squads as and when needed to represent the media and communications element of the campaign
• input to development of channel strategies and channel optimisation plans
This role would suit people who have
• a background in comms planning and strategy, with experience delivering a brand proposition
• excellent communication and presentation skills
• a talent for building positive relationships with all sorts of partners across the business
• experience working with either a media or creative agency, with a good understanding of the brand - agency relationships
• a passion for learning and self-development
• great Microsoft Office skills (full suite)
• a background in either retail or FMCG industry
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Apply for Job