Digital Newsroom Site Manager- Olympics
Chiswick - West London
Start date June- September - Inside IR35- You must work via an Umbrella Company
I am currently recruiting on behalf of an International Broadcaster in West London for Digital Newsroom Site Manager to support them with the upcoming Olympics.
Reporting to the head of digital, this three-month contract is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and help lead our coverage of the Tokyo Olympics as official broadcasters.
We are looking for candidates to join our UK team at the start of June and support our coverage of some of the summer's major events while training on tools and workflows.
The successful candidates will then train subsequent new starters and be a key player in executing our content strategies and managing our newsroom output during the Olympic Games themselves.
The Games-time role will require some unsociable hours as part of our 24-hour coverage of the Olympics, in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Supporting our coverage of events like Euro 2020, the Tour de France and Wimbledon in the lead-up to Tokyo 2020
- Training additional new starters on key tools and workflows for Olympics
- In Games time, helping manage our output on eurosport with a particular focus on written news, liveblogs and integrating video content
- Managing freelance editors
- Managing homepage planners
- Five+ years' experience working in a digital newsroom
- Thrives in fast-paced news environments
- Confident managing other editors
Please Apply now for more info!
Apply for Job