Directors UK is both a collecting society, which administers authorial rights payments on behalf of British film and television directors, and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors in the UK. Directors UK is also a members' organisation offering a number of services including an interactive website and a growing programme of events and activities.
Terms of employment:
Reporting to: Distributions Manager
Salary: £21,400 PA
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
Location: Due to COVID-19 staff will be working from home pending re-opening of our offices located at Stukeley Street, London, WC2B
Permanent: Full time
Directors UK is a small but busy organisation. There are currently thirty members of staff.
The duties of the Royalties Assistant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Monitoring transmissions of British works on British channels from off-air recordings
2. Preparing claims to foreign collecting societies
3. Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies and arranging distribution to Directors UK members
4. Registering members' work on the Directors UK database and international databases
5. Undertaking research as and when required on individual directors and works
6. General office duties.
We are looking for someone with these qualities:
• An eye for detail;
• Competent with Excel;
• Well-organised and flexible in your approach to your work;
• Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload;
• A team player;
• Good customer service skills;
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified
persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
• Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion
of a 3-month probationary period.
Application procedure: Please send a covering letter with a full CV by e-mail to
Applications closing date: Sunday 12th July 2020.
Interview Dates: Week of the 20th July 2020
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice:
Please see our document here for full details in regard to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Apply for Job