A little bit about our team and purpose of the role:
The Operations team is the team that make sure that all of UKTVs disparate business areas work in harmony to deliver content to our linear and non-linear platforms within the set timelines. They take ownership of this and seek out improvements and savings to run a highly efficient process. They are a delivery focussed team, but are fun to work with and have great relationships with internal
teams and 3 rd party suppliers.
Purpose of the role:
To assist with a high profile internal project, moving content to the cloud (AWS)
We are looking for someone who is:
- A quick problem solver who is able to deal with complexity
- An excellent communicator as the successful person will be managing relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- Has sound knowledge of UKTV and can take strategic responsibility
What you will do (role specification):
- Make ready bespoke VoD package delivery to platform partners
- Excellent understanding of Vod platform workflows.
- Has a good understanding of Cloud based workflows.
- Interrogate and manage technical failures through to resolution
- Create Vod UI images using Photoshop and UKTV bespoke software
- Audit content on non-linear platforms and report statuses to key stakeholders
- Report on daily business metrics with a high level of accuracy.
- Flexible approach to day to day tasks.
- To live and embrace UKTV's values
Complexity & Problem Solving:
- Trouble shoot technical delivery issues by interrogating workflow and status messages.
- Trouble shoot missing metadata and Vod package delivery issues
- To harness team spirit across UKTV and collaborate with colleagues across the business to deliver successful programmes
- To promote and display trust to build successful business relationships and contacts
- Maintain and build excellent relationships with platform partners
- To take a savvy approach making the most of UKTV's budgets and resources
Business Impact / Strategic Responsibility:
- Has an understanding of UKTV's core business and processes where necessary
- Has a direct impact on the audience through championing and delivering original content to channels
Who you are (person specification):
- Take a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- Good understanding of Cloud based material management.
- Experience using Whats' On advantageous but not essential.
- Able to multitask to a very high standard.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Photoshop would be an advantage, but not essential.
- To be well organised and be able to prioritise workload effectively.
Our culture and values:
Create - UKTV is a vibrant and fun place to work. Here are our values, known as CLICC: We are imaginative, creative and innovative, and we get stuck in. We're doers rather than deliberators. We make work that is an inspiration to the creative industries.
Learn - We are curious and analytical. We use data to evaluate our work and plan the future. We pioneer and then share our discoveries. We aim to be the masters in our fields. We take ownership of our own learning and support others with theirs.
Influence - We use the power of our own influence for good and we always try to lead the way for others. We grow UKTV's sphere of influence with our work. As an organisation, we aim to be the thought leaders of our industry and the challenger brand that others aspire to.
Challenge - We create positive change. We contribute to debate, are curious and ambitious. We aim to inspire others with our own actions. We have our own opinions and are respectful of others'.
Collaborate - Our best work is work done together. We offer support, anticipate good intentions and work with a spirit of collective improvement. We have brilliant ideas through opportune encounters
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 25 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and scripted drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.
Please follow the link to apply for this role. It would be great if you could include a portfolio to support your application.
Apply for Job