Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're looking for a creative broadcast journalist to join our team producing national and international news for the UK's commercial radio network and on-demand platforms. - Dave Terris, Head of Radio, Sky News What you'll do:
You will be part of the team writing and broadcasting news, sport, business and entertainment news for the UK's commercial radio network and on-demand platforms.
- Write incisive radio news copy and cues, edit audio, compile and broadcast live timed news bulletins
- Understand commercial radio, the stories that matter to its audience and how they are told
- Produce short-form content for on demand platforms
- Contribute story ideas, angles and treatments
- Work a shift pattern which includes weekends and overnights
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgement
- Work closely with all Sky News platforms
- Liaise with our client radio stations and external partners
- Experience as a broadcast journalist in radio newsrooms
- Excellent broadcasting voice
- A broad understanding of national and international news and current affairs
- Solid radio production experience
- Firm understanding of media law and compliance
- All applications MUST be accompanied by an audio demo of your broadcast work
Team Overview: Sky News
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work: Osterley:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply for Job