As the largest conservation charity in Europe, the National Trust protects and cares for places so people and nature can thrive. We look after the nation's coastline, historic sites, countryside and green spaces, taking care of special places for everyone, for ever.
Marketing at the National Trust is far from transactional or getting people to buy products. We are at the heart of the relationship between people and places. In the Supporter Data & Customer Journeys team, we work to understand the behaviours and motivations of our members, visitors and supporters so we can inspire deep, meaningful connections, promoting one of the nation's best loved brands and encouraging supporters to visit, join, donate or volunteer.
We're recruiting a Marketing Modeller/Analyst in the Customer Journeys Team in Marketing at the National Trust. You'll be an expert in analytics and data science and your role will be to build data-driven tools to help us develop a more holistic understanding of our supporters and audiences, to challenge assumptions and to spot opportunities for improving customer experience.
Currently the team is working remotely. Once COVID restrictions ease, we will be working in our Head Office in Swindon on average one/two days per week.
Salary £40,071 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
What it's like to work here
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day.
What you'll be doing
We aim to put our supporters at the heart of what we do and tailor our activities to their needs and interests. As Marketing Modeller/Analyst, you will
- Identify opportunities to optimise National Trust marketing through the design and delivery of data-driven models
- Bring together different data sources, in particular digital and behavioural data, to deliver propensity, retention and engagement models
- Work with a team of digital analysts and optimisation experts to power customer journeys and drive continuous improvement through the use of data and insight
- Act as an internal consultant, identifying patterns and trends and presenting actionable recommendations to business stakeholders
- Build algorithms to develop a deeper understanding of our different audience needs and expectations to enable the Trust to deliver relevant communications and experiences
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience working with marketing teams in at least one of the following areas: digital marketing, CRM, analytics, econometrics and ATL marketing
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Knowledge of databases, data models and SQL
- Strong knowledge of at least one statistical tool such as R, Python, SPSS, Alteryx or SAS
- Ability to communicate complex problems and findings to key stakeholders in a simple manner with excellent data visualisation and storytelling skills
- To have a customer centric mindset, always thinking about the impact on our supporters as well as our KPIs
- To be creative and pragmatic in identifying and quantifying opportunities for impact
- To bring scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking and passion to tell actionable stories with data
- To be a team player who can mentor and support other members of the team
Apply for Job