A little bit about our team
The Operations team is the team that make sure that all of UKTVs disparate business areas work in harmony to deliver content to our linear and non-linear platforms within the set timelines. They take ownership of this and seek out improvements and savings to run a highly efficient process. They are a delivery focussed team but are fun to work with and have great relationships with internal teams and 3 rd party suppliers.
Purpose of the role
As an ambitious broadcaster UKTV is pushing the boundaries of the traditional outsourced media management model and bringing in-house the responsibility of looking after our own content.
Starting small, we are looking for an experienced tech-ops support person, mainly to support our daily media management activities. The aim of the department is to ingest media, check and manage our inventory of content, and ensure its secure and timely onward delivery to our third-party service providers, such as playout or VOD partners. While mostly automated and with a media manager to review the content and at a high-level the platform is functional, the principal requirement of this role is to support the operation and be able to deep-dive fixes and work with the developers in both daily operations and future deployments. The role will also work with our Technology team in supporting our business system platform and provide deeper analysis of issues than our first line partner (CircleIT).
Our platform which we have recently developed, called Freeway, is effectively an asset management system in the public cloud, where we store our media. We have also integrated with Vidispine, What'sOn, DataDog and CloudHealth to help us deliver and monitor our platform and service.
Managing tickets, fixing issues, working with the infosec team on all matters of security, the busy role will require some multi-tasking.
In this role you will get to...
- Use diagnostic tools to proactively spot issues and fix before they become a wider issue and help manage costs and spend by analysing our usage and make recommendations on how we can reduce spend
Liaise with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure the smooth running of the service, documenting processes and developing best practices
We are looking for someone who has..
- Cloud knowledge, ideally AWS as the monitoring of our platform and workflows would be the key focus of the tech-ops support role
- Demonstrable public cloud experience, ideally in AWS (services such as S3, SQS, SNS and IAM)
- To have experience of platform monitoring tools, ideally DataDog and CloudHealth.
- Demonstrable support experience in a software-based environment
- Understand about networks, IP and IT environments
- Ideally to have experience and with media assets and asset management systems, video codecs and transcoder profiles.
- To be curious on how things work, good a fault-finding and fixing issues.
- Working knowledge of scripts, XML, XSLT, JSON or an interest in learning is desirable
- Experience of Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to use tools like Postman/Fiddler/SoapUI a distinct advantage.
If interested, please click the apply now button!
Apply for Job