Closing Date: Not specified
Salary: Six figures, plus benefits.
Position Type: Permanent
• Exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading housing organisations
• Key member of the Executive Leadership Team
About Our Client
Nottingham City Homes (NCH) is a highly respected group of companies, providing a range of services across 27,500 homes. As well as managing and maintaining all the Council housing in the city, they have an ambitious new build programme, own and manage their own homes and provide services to other property owners.
In 2018 Nottingham City Homes were awarded the accolade of being named the UK Landlord of the Year, largely because of their ethos of putting tenants at the heart of all they do, determined not to rest on their laurels they are always looking for ways to improve.
Nottingham City Homes' overall vision is to be a great place to work, with a clear sense of direction shared by all and an ambition to succeed on behalf of their customers. As a truly values driven organisation, the following values define the way they work, who they are as an organisation and shape the services they provide:
• Passionate about delivering outstanding services
• Respecting people (colleagues, customers & communities)
• Always looking to improve
• Providing great value for money
• Effective team working internally and with customers and partners.
The Executive Director of Housing will play a key role in leading NCH into the future. You will continue to drive NCH's commitment to tenant involvement and engagement, working with residents to raise the quality of housing services and will lead the response to challenges such as;
• Improving our housing and customer services
• Keeping our estates clean, safe and well managed, providing great places to live
• Supporting our tenants to sustain their tenancies during the roll out of Universal credit
• Managing our leaseholder services
• Allocating the growing demand for social homes fairly
• Tackling homelessness by managing temporary accommodation
• Providing the best possible services for our older residents living in our Independent Living Schemes
• Working with health and social care partners to provide more supported housing
• Growing our assistive technology service (Nottingham On Call)
NCH have some passionate, amazing and committed people across the whole of housing and require an inspirational leader who can engage, motivate and get the very best out of colleagues by bringing the values and culture to life. In return, this represents a fantastic opportunity to shape the housing services for the future and make a genuine, lasting difference to people's lives.
From a role perspective, you will be accountable for all the functions within Housing, putting tenants at the heart of everything you do whilst ensuring a 'best in class' range of services. Key responsibilities include:
• Lead the delivery and continuous improvement of excellent housing services, motivating colleagues to be creative, innovative and seek best practises from elsewhere
• Advise NCH's boards on strategy, policy and service development for all housing services
• Visibly lead best practice staff engagement, creating a positive work environment, inspiring colleagues to perform to the best of their abilities
• Responsibility for significant departmental budgets, ensuring resources are well managed, targeted on meeting our priorities, and that we are always delivering Value for Money
• Work collegiately across the organisation to ensure joined up service development and delivery.
• Develop excellent working relationships with Nottingham City Council and other partners, actively seeking new opportunities.
• Acting as an ambassador for both NCH and Nottingham City, helping maintain their excellent reputation
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a passionate, self-driven and forward-thinking individual with proven experience as a senior leader in Housing and a track record in service delivery and driving continuous improvement. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate:
• Proven leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire others
• A collaborative and supportive management stylexxxx with a strong emphasis on employee engagement
• A personal commitment to tenant involvement
• First class influencing and communication skills, able to engage at all levels and be a true ambassador.
• Able to inspire and foster a team-oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person, committed to equality and diversity.
• Proven at leading multi-disciplinary teams at a senior level, track-record of delivering high quality housing and customer services.
• Strong financial acumen, having managed significant budgets.
• Track record of delivering results, transformational change and continuous improvement.
• Experience of planning, managing and effectively executing complex projects.
• Understanding of legal frameworks relating to housing and customer services
• Strategic understanding, ability to make clear decisions around complex issues.
• Ideally chartered status or degree in a relevant discipline
• Creative and innovative, encourages fresh thinking and challenges the norm to best meet tenants' needs
What's on Offer
Six figures, plus benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Apply for Job