- Global leading online technology business
- Merchandising Manager - Senior hire
- Chertsey, Surrey Location
- 6/12 month initial contract
- £200-£300 pd depending on experience
Our client a global leading online technology brand is currently looking to hire an Online Merchandising Manager to optimise the performance of the products within online store environments, based on customer behaviour.
This is a new team that is part of the online experience team so will benefit from being close to customer data and close to all elements of the customer experience.
This team will need to work very closely with the commercial team, from whom they will take their priorities. This will involve non-stop conversations about trading priorities, product launches and promotional campaigns. Constantly thinking about how we can best position our products to increase conversion rate, average order value and sales.
- Maximise, deliver and optimise the online business as well as our closed sites through effective merchandising, and tactical messaging to increase conversion and sales.
- Daily curation and maintenance of all the sites to ensure correct listing of products, offers and content to help customers find products/promos.
- Undertake weekly and monthly reporting on website performance, with particular focus on product performance and analysis of merchandising initiatives to ensure we are continually optimising our activities across sites.
- Liaise and work closely with key stakeholders to develop and test effective merchandising and tactical messaging that works together with UX and the overall customer journey.
- Generate and share ideas to optimise merchandising and conversion performance across the sites using a data driven approach to support the activity.
- Work closely with the wider marketing team on all campaign activity, coordinating meetings with channel owners to ensure messaging and creative consistency.
- Conduct regular competitor reviews in order to maintain awareness of merchandising tactics, offers and new features.
- Onsite search - best match, curating results etc
- Third party tool (Increasingly) - Product recommendations, bundles, cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Bazaar Voice - Ratings and reviews across the site.
- Adobe Target for A/B testing of elements on a page.
- AEM - either direct access or through our agency, Cheil, to publish changes in our content management system (CMS).
- Content - working with the content team to get the right product images and videos
- Site analytics - working with the insight teams to identify how placement and presentation decisions are impacting conversion, average order value and sales.
- Other customer insight including Clicktale - need to make site placement decisions based on customer insights and data, not based on what slow moving product needs to be promoted.
Apply for Job