Do you want to be part of a company who create such engaging copy that their traffic totalled over a dizzying 70 million hits?
This is an unmissable opportunity for a hardworking and experienced Editor to work with one of the fastest-growing digital publishers out there.
This company's aim is to entertain and inform readers with extraordinary and compelling content that they've never seen before. They do this by creating content which surprises and inspires by offering a unique take on what is going on in the world.
This role will initially be a 3 month FTC with the potential to go permanent.
You will be expected to work remotely during these 3 months, therefore this is the perfect position for a Deputy or Assistant Editor looking for that extra responsibility.
The ideal candidate will hold a 1:1 or 2:1 in a relevant undergraduate degree and have previous editorial experience. A keen interest in either History or Lifestyle/Human interest would be ideal.
This role is paying up to £24,00k pro rata.
The role of Section Editor will involve commissioning articles, editing and proofreading work, as well as managing the full production process of your sector.
- Managing and prioritising editorial workflow- e.g. scheduling, planning
- Brainstorming story ideas
- Sub-editing- e.g fact checking, copy-editing.
- Supervising writers and sub-editors as well as supporting the team across a range of projects and sectors.
- Experience working in an editorial position and comfortable using Excel
- Highly organised with the ability to cope with deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an exceptional academic track record
- Ability to assist with planning and budgeting
- Ideally some knowledge of or adaptability to the use of WordPress and basic HTML
If you are an established or aspiring Editor who's passionate about helping to produce engaging content for a millennial audience, then apply today!..... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job