We have a super new opportunity for an experienced Acquisitions Editor to join a leading London based global STM publishing organisation, working on their physical sciences and engineering lists.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Acquisitions Editor looking for further responsibility and the opportunity to work on a broad list of titles. This is a highly responsible role and the successful person will need to demonstrate previous success in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Acquiring new titles and new editions of key backlist titles in the areas of Maths, Physics and Engineering.
- Negotiate contracts and terms with Publisher, authors, editors and contributors
- Build a network of academic contacts
- Develop acquisitions plans and identify relevant trends and market demographics
- Work as part of the publishing team to create, implement and track projects
- Create proposals, including costing and pricing suggestions. Update and keep abreast of existing product portfolios
This is a highly desirable Acquisitions role, working for a successful and respected publishing organisation.
The successful person will have:
- Demonstrable relevant acquisitions/commissioning experience within the areas of physics, engineering and/or maths, technology
- A relevant degree in a scientific subject
- Experience in identifying and recruiting potential authors
- Strong negotiating and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- A can-do approach to your work and a resourceful team player
This role carries an excellent salary and benefits package depending on experience.
For further details, please forward your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your salary expectations...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job