Role: Public Affairs Manager
Rate: up to £351.49 per day (LTD/Umbrella) or up to £306.90 per day (PAYE)
IN SCOPE OF IR35
Deliver a public affairs strategy that is consistent and compliant with Network Rail's overall corporate communications strategy.
- Devise, develop, implement and report on activities which support the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail's corporate communications strategy.
- Develop a programme of proactive engagement with Members of Parliaments or relevant legislative or other assemblies on behalf of Network Rail and seeking to highlight the company's plans, activities and strategies.
- Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
- Identify activities and key messages that support Network Rail's business objectives and key operational imperatives. Maintain an awareness of events and programmed company activities that may require planned public affairs activities.
- Develop and implement public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
- Implement the major incident communications plan as required.
Your skills will include:
- Significant experience in public affairs/lobbying/local government/politics
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Apply for Job