Main purpose of the role:
Research, index and administer information relating to major incidents in accordance with Major Incident Room Standardisation Administrative Procedures (MIRSAP) standards, ensuring information is accurate and accessible, in order to support the prompt and effective investigation carried out by the Major Investigations Team.
- Research and index data using the Major Incident Room Standardisation Administrative Procedures (MIRSAP) and the HOLMES system in order to provide information and context to support officers in the running of a major investigation.
- Support Investigating Officers in file preparation as directed during a major investigation, in order to ensure relevant information is available to support the investigation.
- Research specific lines of enquiry as directed, using the IT systems relevant to investigations in order that correct and accurate information is provided to the Senior Investigating Officer for further investigation, in order to support a prompt and effective investigation.
- Support Lead Indexers with the setting up and staffing of the casualty bureau and call taking units as directed in order to facilitate a public information service in respect of major investigations.
- Receive information from members of the public in response to appeals, and deal with general enquiries, accurately recording data or redirecting calls as appropriate to ensure information is available to officers involved in the investigation.
- Present research, indexing and administrative tasks to ensure the casualty bureau have up to date information to support decision making, attend intelligence led briefings and provide and receive information to the Senior Investigating Officer in order to support investigations.
- Train and mentor new members of staff to develop them in the role of indexer, providing quality assurance and report concerns to the Lead Indexer to ensure accurate effective operation of information systems.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job