Directors UK is the professional association of UK screen directors. We are a membership organisation representing the creative, economic and contractual interests of over 7,500 members - the majority of working TV and film directors in the UK. We negotiate rights deals and collect and distribute royalties to our members. We also campaign and lobby on our members' behalf and provide a range of services including legal advice, events, training and career development. Directors UK works closely with fellow organisations around the world to represent directors' rights and concerns, promotes excellence in the craft of direction and champions change to the current landscape to create an equal opportunity industry for all.
Job role and duties:
To collect and process data regarding British film and television productions and process reports to allocate and distribute payments to members.
Reporting to: Distribution Manager.
Key Relationships: Working within a small Distribution team
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitoring transmissions of British works on British channels from off-air recordings and other sources
- Preparing claims to foreign collecting societies
- Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies to Directors UK members
- Registering members' work on the Directors UK database and international databases
- Undertaking research as and when required on individual directors and works
- General office duties.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Applicants should have the following qualities;
- An eye for detail;
- Well-organised, proactive and flexible in your approach to your work;
- Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload;
- A team player;
- Good customer service skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Comfortable in the handling and analysis of large volumes of data.
- High degree of discretion, an awareness of handling confidential data, including some knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Knowledge of and interest in Film & Television and the role of the director.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- An interest in and knowledge of the film and television industry;
- Experience of working in a collective management organisation or similar membership organisation;
- Experience with royalties and/or distribution of film and television;
- Previous office experience.
- To be able to work effectively in a changing environment, other tasks may be required.
Terms of employment:
- Reporting to: Distributions Manager
- Salary: £22,265 pa
- Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm.
- Work days: Monday to Friday
- Location: Due to COVID-19 staff will be working from home pending re-opening of our offices located at Stukeley Street, London, WC2B.
- Permanent: Full Time permanent employment
- Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays) pro rata
- Company Pension Scheme opt in entitlement
- Company Cycle to work Scheme
- Company Perkbox discounts membership
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
This appointment is subject to satisfactory references and completion of a 3-month probationary period.
To apply please send : via the button below
- a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (maximum 500 words) and
- a CV
Applications closing date: Tuesday 26 October 2021
Interviews are due to take place: Week commencing 1 November 2021 via online video call (please let us know of any access arrangements that may be necessary)
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice:
Please see our document here for full details in regard to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Apply for Job