This is a new senior management position reporting to the Chief Executive. Supporting and working alongside our senior management team, operations manager (who line manages the equality, diversity and inclusion officer and training engagement manager) and theatre general managers, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and consistent implementation of all aspects of our human resources function.
- Working alongside and closely supporting line managers, lead, develop, implement and oversee all aspects of our human resources function across recruitment, right to work, induction, training, performance review, contracts, benefits and compensation.
- Provide general HR advice and counsel to line managers within the context of our company ethos, referring to DMT's employment lawyers occasionally where legal advice is required.
- Maintaining our company style and spirit, oversee accurate, appropriate and consistent drafting of advertisements, job descriptions, contracts and other HR documents.
- Develop and communicate practices and policies for recruitment, engagement and ongoing employment, championing equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing.
- Alongside the CEO and Operations Director, lead on union negotiations, maintaining an up-to-date and thorough understanding of relevant union agreements, advising colleagues as necessary.
- Develop and maintain appropriate HR record-keeping systems for the company.
- Develop and maintain systems for performance review and employee engagement, making suggestions for improving the working environment and culture.
- Advise on payroll queries as necessary.
- Ensure that the company maintains currency with HR issues and practices, attending external events as necessary.
- Maintain and safeguard all documentation, records, filing systems and databases required to ensure compliance with all internal policies, data protection, financial and other regulations.
- Represent the company with diplomacy, discretion and courtesy at all times, safeguarding all confidential information.
- Maintain an awareness of DMT as part of the Cameron Mackintosh Ltd group of companies, comply with all DMT policies and undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the CEO.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- an interest in theatre and an aptitude for working in a creative industry;
- a relevant HR qualification equivalent to CIPD Level 7;
- extensive working knowledge of employment law issues and best practice;
- strong communication and people skills with the ability to motivate, persuade and encourage at all levels;
- experience of negotiating and working with employment unions, preferably BECTU;
- strategic, staff and project management experience;
- first class written and spoken English;
- an exceptionally well organised style, excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- a discreet, calm and tactful approach with the ability to work well under pressure; and
- a high level of computer literacy.
How to apply
- Please select the role at
- Please complete the optional equal opportunities monitoring questions which are anonymised and not part of any selection procedure. Delfont Mackintosh Theatres is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment process is open to all. We are determined to foster a culture of inclusivity and respect where everyone feels valued and supported.
- Please e-mail the following as a PDF attachment to :
- a CV on no more than one side of A4;
- a covering letter of no more than 750 words, outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the role and indicating your salary expectations; and
- the names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers for two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer and for the other, please indicate how long and in what capacity they have known you. We will not contact referees without your permission.
Apply for Job