Wolfson College is seeking an experienced Events Co-ordinator to play a key role in developing and delivering the College events programme. This is a new post and comes at an exciting time in the intellectual and cultural life of Wolfson. Despite the pandemic, the College's events calendar has been busier than ever. We have made great progress in providing stimulating and popular online events to a wide audience, including College members and the public. We are now looking to capitalise on this experience as possibilities for more innovations increase and have ambitious plans for the future.
Working with the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the College events programme, scheduling and delivering events programmes and lectures, including the Wolfson Explores annual series and the annual Lee Lecture, as well as identifying additional event programme opportunities, both in person and online. You'll ensure events at the College operate according to clear processes and timings, and that they deliver on the College's vision and strategic objectives. You'll also be responsible for ensuring that AV or other technical requirements are met.
Wolfson College is one of the 31 Colleges in the University of Cambridge and provides an academic home for over 900 full and part-time students aged 21 or above (average age of 25) from 90 different countries, 200 Fellows, 300 senior members and 100 staff. More information about Wolfson College is available on our website .
The College has a strong sense of community, a buzzing intellectual and cultural life, and a dynamic, diverse and friendly working environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced events professional to make a significant difference at the centre of a vibrant community, ensuring the College reaches out, attracts and engages with audiences in Cambridge and beyond.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work with the Communications Manager to develop and deliver the events strategy for the College.
- To co-ordinate the planning and delivery of a comprehensive, co-ordinated and wide-ranging annual programme of events at Wolfson, maintaining and improving existing programmes and events as well as identifying potential opportunities.
- To be the first point of contact and support for all events organisers across College (including the Development and Alumni Relations Office, the Tutorial Office, the Interdisciplinary Research Hubs, College societies and groups) as they plan their programmes in order to avoid clashes wherever possible, and to maintain a planning calendar for events.
- To seek and collate proposals/submissions for events for the Wolfson Explores programme.
- To collaborate with, support, and advise Wolfson College Students' Association (WCSA) in the delivery of their events calendar.
- To gather, initiate and create content and upload events details and related images to the College website and help the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Manager to plan, support and distribute details of College events and activities via its communications channels.
- To support the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Manager in initiating, creating, maintaining and developing marketing and communications collateral for print and digital platforms.
- To develop and implement processes and schedules for event organisers to supply information for media and promotional work, and to produce and present a comprehensive events programme for each term and each calendar year.
- To contact and book speakers and other guests for events and programmes within College
- To manage the College webinar account, create and monitor webinar bookings, run training sessions for webinar co-hosts and speakers/panellists.
- To attend a wide range of online and in person events, providing technical support where required and taking photos where appropriate.
- To build links with University Festival organisers (e.g. Cambridge Science Festival, Cambridge Festival of Ideas, Open Cambridge etc.) and other key external cultural events (e.g. Cambridge Literary Festival), to ensure that Wolfson regularly participates by offering and/or hosting events. To communicate key dates to College societies to facilitate advance planning of events and ensure Wolfson is registered to participate in such Festivals.
- To develop the digital archive of events, ensuring that events are recorded, e.g. photography of exhibitions, voice recording or filming of agreed lectures, support the maintenance and dissemination of this digital legacy.
- To offer guidance to College societies and groups on house style/branding and training in copywriting/press release writing in relation to College events.
- To gather, collate and report on data relating to events and audiences to evaluate activity and inform future planning.
- To manage the College events calendar.
Apply for Job