GovNet is recruiting for a motivated Content Producer to work on research, production and partnership engagement for the Education Portfolio, including: the Schools & Academies Show London and Birmingham, the Independent Schools Conference, the Higher Education Conference, National Schools Awards and EdTech Summit.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For almost two decades, we have provided unique access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
The Education Portfolio
The GovNet Education Portfolio includes a growing number of events (both live and virtual), webinars, podcasts and blogs. Combined, the portfolio serves over 10,000 professionals a year with highly topical and well researched content.
The Schools & Academies Show is GovNet's flagship exhibition which attracts over 8,000 visitors per year and will be one of the primary focuses of this role. One of the events takes place in April at ExCeL in London and one in November at the NEC in Birmingham.
The events attract visitors by providing high-level, relevant and quality content that provides policy updates about the sector and exciting best-practice case studies, in a mix between editorial and sponsored content. As part of the content team, the successful candidate will liaise daily with marketing, sales and operations, under the guidance of the Event Director, driving the exhibition by liaising with key sponsors, managing agreements with our key supporters and partners, and establishing excellent relationships with our speakers.
The Role of the Content/Conference Producer
The successful candidate will lead on the production of both Schools & Academies Shows, under the guidance of the Head of Content. From the initial research stages, agenda writing, through to speaker sourcing, and delivery of the events. With The Schools & Academies Show being a high-profile industry event, you will also play a key role in the relationships with the events main supporters, sponsors, and partners- including the Department for Education. You will also work directly with other content team members on events across the portfolio. As part of a year-long content cycle you will also be responsible to produce content pieces, either in a written form, audio or video.
Main duties & Responsibilities of the Content/Conference Producer
- Perform extensive and in-depth sector research via telephone, online and face-to-face, with key stakeholders, sponsors and target audience members, to ensure that the content at the show is relevant and compelling
- Support the marketing team in identifying key themes and topics to include in the marketing campaigns
- Brief the sales team on research findings and sponsoring opportunities within the show agenda
Content production and copy writing
- Agenda writing and scheduling, producing compelling and original content
- Ensure the delivery of all sessions on the days of the events
- Recruit speakers, liaise with them on the specific content of their session and agree on the logistics of their participation
- Research and write engaging content pieces, such as blog posts and whitepapers
- Collaborate with marketing in creating compelling, sales-driven copy for a range of platforms drive exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Engage with sponsors and partners in the production of specific content sessions, that meet the stakeholder objectives as well as visitors' educational needs
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partner organisations, clients, and speakers from both public and private sectors
- Develop and build close and effective relationships internally with marketing, sales and operations teams
Essential Skills Required:
- Between 1 to 2 years' experience in live events content production
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Ability to produce creative and compelling live content
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Strong understanding of commercial dynamics of the exhibition and conference formats
- Ability to write convincing and commercially focused copy
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Previous experience in live content production for trade shows/exhibitions
- Interest in and understanding of the education sector
- Interest in and understanding of public and education policy
- Experience in producing video and audio content
- Experience in producing and delivering virtual events
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with length of service ( plus bank holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- 37.5 hour week
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 access to mental health and legal experts and more..
- Summer and Christmas Parties
- Well-being Committee
Apply for Job