Our client are a very early stage financial services provider operating in the personal finance and business banking space. They will be looking to launch their business with a focus on credit cards and then growing into personal and business current accounts and then looking to apply for a banking licence in due course.
They have a huge level of funding which makes this opportunity so exciting. More than many of the well known fintechs had at the same stage.
The role of Head of Product
We are looking to hire a dynamic Head of Product to lead the product and proposition strategy and future team.
In this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of the product team and form part of the key management team. This will include all tech teams, UX design and dotted line responsibility into marketing, finance, operations and many other areas of the business. You will be data driven and be very focused on analytics of the different departments across the business. With frequent market research across the best products, future strategies and P&L impact of these.
Your strong knowledge of UX design and ability to build a product and proposition strategy will be your key to success within this role. We are looking for an individual with a humble approach to get the job done and test and trial hypothesis hands on.
What you'll do in the role of Head of Product
- Build and direct credit card and financial product strategies
- Develop and implement marketing and branding plans to drive business growth and meet business targets along side the marketing team.
- Conduct regular reviews on market trends and study competitor activities to identify opportunities.
- Initiate product ideas and ongoing features/benefits tailored for each target segment.
- You will own strategy, product planning and team management and leadership throughout the product life-cycle, including: defining the product vision, gathering and prioritising product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, member services and operations to productise revenue and customer satisfaction goals, as well as ensure that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built for both mobile and web.
- Collaborate with the executives and directors to create budgets and track key performance indicators.
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics for the Credit Card product, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the engineering team.
- Meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
What you'll need to be Head of Product
- Demonstrated experience defining and shipping commercially successful consumer- facing products on mobile and web
- 10+ years of working in high performance product teams
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Experience in end to end ownership of a product and P&L
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
Education and Experience Requirements of the Head of Product
- Experience in UX Design is preferred over a project management and less technical background
- 7 years + product management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Apply for Job