Permanent and Freelance Part-time Audiobook Producer/s - Sound Engineer
Newbury - UK - working from home
Salary range: £25k pro-rata
The Company has revolutionised the way people access and consume books. As the world's No.1 audiobook publisher and a leader in digital media, they combine a global reputation for excellence built over 25 years in audiobook publishing with the energy of their 5-year-old digital start-up.
Through their digital download solution, BorrowBox - your library in one app - The Company is the leading digital library provider in the world. BorrowBox, which enables members of public libraries, schools and universities to download and borrow eContent, is the fastest growing digital library platform in the UK. It has offices in Melbourne, the UK and NZ, doing business globally to provide great opportunities for exceptional people.
About the Opportunity
The Company is the number one brand for audiobooks and has established a global reputation for producing audiobooks of the highest artistic merit.
The list of audiobooks currently stands at over 5000 titles across a variety of categories that includes fiction, non-fiction adult, young adult, and children's literature read by some of the world's most talented actors/ narrators such as Jason Isaacs, Sophie Dahl, Tom Felton, Dawn French and more.
Our program includes the world's bestselling Australian and International authors including Liz Pichon, Matthew Reilly, Felix Francis along with international blockbuster authors such as Elizabeth Gilbert and Kate Morton. The Company also boasts the best young adult and children's list in the world, composed of internationally acclaimed authors such as Liz Pichon, Jacqueline Wilson and Quentin Blake.
The Company is looking for a number of experienced Audiobook Producers to join our UK Team, and work in our Global production team. The role includes narrator and author liaison once in the studio, recording and post-production - including comprehensive sound design of audiobooks and quality control of final products, file management - CD, MP3CD and digital products.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Previous Audiobook production experience working with voice artists/ authors/ narrators to record audiobooks in our studios.
* Thorough knowledge of post-production including editing, processing and mastering of audio using ProTools software.
* A working knowledge of additional DAW programs is a bonus
* Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to new software quickly
* Strong organisational, communication and administration skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a small production team
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Process-driven and efficiency in maintaining output to a high standard
* Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join this market leading firm and set the tone for your future success
To apply please upload your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Apply for Job