Operations Manager - Events
London (flexible options)
Our client is seeking an accomplished Operations Manager to oversee all aspects for conferences and exhibitions for portfolios operating in a variety of scientific and technical sectors and beyond. Does this suit you?
Savvy Media are working with one of the world's leading events providers to find a successful and motivated individual who can provide seamless end-to-end delivery of a variety of medium-large events in the UK and abroad. The role entails working across a variety of projects and managing multiple endeavours at the same time, and familiar with terms and conditions/contractual language is crucial.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing event operations budgets, and planning and forecasting to MDs and Directors accordingly;
- Sourcing suppliers; contract negotiations; and relationship management with all venues and suppliers;
- Knowledge and understanding of venue contracts/Ts and Cs terminology;
- Full liaison with production, marketing, sales, and finance teams to ensure comprehensive awareness of all event elements;
- Innovation to ensure events can stand out;
- Complete accuracy and timely communication in technical information for exhibitors - this uncludes production of a manual/exhibitor zone;
- Delivery of all sponsorship and exhibitor packages as sold by the portfolios;
- Management and design of the floor plan, as well as the event signage and show guide;
- Managing tender process for the design, build, and delivery of features;
- Exceptional record keeping skills are necessary, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and in response to requests from all attending parties before the event and onsite;
- A comprehensive health and safety knowledge and overview is essential - full files for each event including risk assessments and Construction Phase Plans are needed;
- Helping deliver virtual events and working alongside marketing teams to help the event online platforms meet requirements, while scheduling all meetings and ensuring requisite content uploads;
- Ensuring payment processes are smooth;
- Post-show analysis and development in areas to improve;
- Worldwide travel is necessary, while training course attendance as directed is also.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in the international conference and exhibition industry, and digital experience/app development would be a great bonus. Experience of budget management and managing multiple projects is key, as is an H&S qualification (ideally IOSH Managing Safely). Keen negotiation skills and an ability to communicate effectively to help solve problems.
Does this sound like you? Get in touch now for immediate consideration! #beSAVVY
Apply for Job