Calling for a Project Manager who wants to make a difference in a Global Publishing Organisation and improve their Business Analysis and Project Management skills.
The role is perfect for someone who likes to take initiative and believes technology can be an enabler for the business.
The successful candidate will provide both Project Management and Business Analysis expertise to support the development of key global systems.
They will report to the Head of Project Office and work with Finance, Sales and other internal teams in order to realise the development of new, business-critical systems. The role will also include line management of 2-3 business analysts.
- Initiate, Plan, and Manage projects from initiation to implementation
- Develop full scale project plans
- Use Agile and Prince 2 inspired methodologies as appropriate
- Create and maintain risk logs, issue logs and change request documentation
- Manage budget and monitor spend on your project
- Ensure that development(s) fit with the company's strategy and best practice
- Work with the business to define requirements
- Analyse data sources and outputs to contribute to logical and physical modelling and to prepare detailed specifications
- Line management of business analysts in your team
- Work with the Head of Project Office to ensure continuous improvement of Business Analysis processes and technology usage, remaining abreast of best practice and guidance
- Champion the Business Analysis function across the company, including coaching and mentoring to ensure a consistent approach across all projects
- Manage testing (write test plans, manage testers)
- Manage stakeholders across the business
- Manage vendors (within projects) to ensure they are delivering business value
- Support the Project Office with lessons learned, best practices, and standardised methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience using project management methodology: Prince2 or PMI
- Knowledge of and experience using business analysis techniques
- Ability to elicit and capture requirements
- Line management experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tenacity, the love of investigating data problems right to the very end
- Exposure to writing and managing testing
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, team-player
- High-level knowledge of financial concepts a plus
- Good Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Understanding of ETL and Datamodelling a plus
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, they offer competitive benefits, and flexible working arrangements.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a change and bring value, please apply.
Apply for Job