Discovery is a true leader in sports, building an enviable global portfolio of brands, channels and
platforms that feature sports and reach more than 130 million people every month. Discovery Sports
is the home of the Olympic Games in Europe, telling inspirational stories and bringing viewers across
Europe the best Olympic content.
Reporting to the Bookings Manager, the Bookings team are part of the Olympic Operations team.
Working with all markets they are responsible for managing requests and bookings for the
International Broadcast Centre, venue facilities and related services for the Beijing Winter Olympic
- Assist the Bookings Manager at all stages of the booking process
- Guiding the production teams through booking submissions processes with OBS and Beijing, Organising Committee, ensuring that all bookings are placed within the prescribed deadlines
- Agree procedures with the Bookings Manager to ensure that all bookings placed by Discovery's
markets are thoroughly reviewed and processed in conjunction with all relevant departments, such as
Engineering, Digital, Operations, IT, Production and Distribution
- Support internal markets in establishing their onsite production, engineering and operational
- Maintain and update the booking database with bookings and other necessary information
- Using the booking database, provide regular updates and reports to the Bookings Manager and wider
- Raising Purchase Orders, managing and tracking invoices.
- Experienced Booking Coordinator, preferably with background or understanding of live sport events
- Working knowledge of booking systems used in broadcast environments
- Confident, with a can do attitude able to problem solve escalating issues as needed
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Willingness to travel to the event, should this be required
- Advanced IT skills, Discovery use G-Suite
Apply for Job