Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Customers turn to Sky multiple times every day looking for something great to watch. Connecting them to the content that they love, by surfacing the most relevant content choices, is central to the value we provide every household that subscribes to Sky. As the Merchandising Strategy Lead in Content Engagement, you will be responsible for the evolution of UI Merchandising into a fully-fledged customer marketing channel.
What you'll do:
- Set the strategy: work with the Head of Dept. to set and evolve the merchandising strategy on an ongoing basis across all interfaces, reviewing performance and using insight to inform your approach.
- Own the application of the strategy at a category level: TV, Kids, Cinema, Store etc.
- Define how we will improve strategic performance: use insight to generate and deliver a roadmap of initiatives that continually push us towards better business and customer outcomes.
- Lead on commercial impacts: develop insight and linkages between merchandising performance and commercial outcomes at a product and customer level.
- Always look forward: develop a deep understanding of customer needs and market changes to identify emergent issues and opportunities
- Take part in knowledge building and sharing activities across all territories.
- Lead cross-departmental thinking on our overarching owned media approach, with a particular focus on driving findings and efficiencies across Promo airtime and Merchandising.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills from operational to executive level, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker who can balance emergent issues with long term goals to develop well-reasoned plans.
- Experience building and delivering annual plans using customer, market, and product data and insight.
- Experience in a CRM / customer retention / marketing strategy subject area.
- Commercial responsibility in a subscription business preferred.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to lead through coaching and deliver through others.
- Knowledge of the UK content landscape.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more passionate about who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply for Job