As part of our mission to give our customers the Digital experiences they expect and deserve, we’re hiring a Product Manager that sits in our digital commercial product team reporting directly to our Head of Commercial Products. As we continue to grow our product offering, our focus is to ensure that our customers have the very best digital products and interactions available.
In a nutshell this role is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of digital products and is responsible for taking concepts and piloted products through to full rollout with the support of small cross-functional teams.
As Product Manager you will have a clear understanding of the customer segments and communities we serve and the drivers behind why a given solution or product is needed. This will support the value proposition and the end-to-end journey.
To enable you to reach the end goal you will work with a “squad” of internal team members representing different departments. You will work extremely closely with this team, sitting together in a fluid hot desk area for the duration of the product development stage, therefore communication, understanding, overcoming obstacles, problem solving, driving and motivating each member will be critical to success.
The media digital arena and metrics that you will be affecting are digital product sales, digital product yield, product performance metrics (clicks, shares, viewability), AOV, customer churn %, reader growth, sell-through rate and audience engagement. It would be ideal if this was your background but we would certainly hope you will have an interest in these metrics and the specialisms you and your teams will need to achieve them.
If you have experience with managing digital products, delivering campaigns and creating an innovative digital experience that helps to optimise the consumer sales journey, this could be a great role for you. Likewise, if you have great product management experience in a different sphere, perhaps technical but not digital, please consider applying.
- Managing the product development process for new and existing digital products
- Working with multiple internal functions to facilitate development and delivery
- Working to and reporting against critical time and budget forecasts
- Ensuring key deliverables are kept on track
- Working in liaison with L&D to create a programme to educate, train and excite our commercial teams
- Develop relationships with tech providers and platforms to deliver the product development portfolio
- Research and assess competitive and emerging markets
- Take in feedback from product pilots and lead small cross-functional teams
- Hands-on consistent approach to product manage across your portfolio
- Constantly seeking opportunities for innovation and improvement across the full product range
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 2 years+ proven product management experience
- Experience of being a digital/technical product specialist (ideal but not essential)
- A strategic approach with a track record in leading and inspiring a team to deliver to its full potential
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving
- Excellent commercial acumen and decision-making skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills to drive the implementation through coordination with other internal business units
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Ability to keep knowledge current within an ever-changing digital sphere
- Attributes that are patient, supportive and proactive in gaining and sharing knowledge
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Salary range £30,000 - £35,000
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Free weekly & monthly publications
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
After receiving your CV, we will create a shortlist of candidates who will be asked to complete our online assessments and profile. From this we will shortlist candidates again to select for interview in our Norwich office. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Apply for Job