We are Global
We're proud to be one of the world's leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we're committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn't do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it's all about how you make people feel. It's our company ethos, our guiding belief and it's so much more than words. It's the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it's what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it's the reason we all love to work here. Job Description
Senior People Partner - FTC
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Director of People, Programming & Group Functions
Overview of job
The role of the Senior People Partner will be to support the management teams within their defined business areas, to define their teams' optimum structure, outline a people plan that aligns to the Global's current and future needs, identify development requirements, develop our talent agenda, ensure engagement in Global's vision and values and employee journey across all teams. You will proactively coach and guide managers, facilitating and supporting a seamless delivery of key people related matters.
You will work in partnership with the people team's specialist functions which include News Programming (LBC & LBC News, Global's Newsroom) and Group Programming and Finance to ensure we deliver against the company's objectives and people strategy.
The role is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave.
3 best things about the job
- Help drive the people strategy for your business areas with leaders in the business
- Bring new ideas on how to attract, develop and retain key staff
- Drive initiatives that make a real difference to managers and Globallers
Measures of success -
In the first few months, you would have
- Built strong stakeholder relationships with your business areas and for them to see the value add of People & Culture
- Start to have a good working knowledge of the operating models of your business area
- Understand the key people drivers over the next 6-9 months and how these relate to your business areas
Responsibilities of the role
Organisational Development & planning
- Partnering business managers across range of business areas, you will act as a sounding board and advisor to define key business goals and priorities.
- Provide expert advice on the development of the team's organisational design ensuring teams are operating in the optimum structure to deliver the business needs
- Project manage, provide guidance and advice through any change management projects, reacting efficiently and effectively at the appropriate pace. Ensure that managers are questioned on their approach to ensure best outcome for the business and staff.
- Provide an absolute understanding of all core people metrics including, but not limited to HR dashboard, Organisational health. Providing MI and data to deliver key insights and prompt appropriate action by the management team
- Understanding and independently counsel the business regarding employment law and legislation changes
- Working with the operations team, ensure that Global's people policies are first class, fit for purpose and are being used and championed across the business
Workforce planning & recruitment
- Manage workforce planning, identifying business needs, gaps, capability, development of the strategy and implementation
- Oversee all hiring (with Talent Team managing the actual hire), ensuring delivery of effective end-to-end recruitment processes and onboarding across functions
Talent management & Development
- Champion the talent agenda, building on Global's approach to attract, develop and retain high-calibre individuals. Through talent mapping you will highlight key roles and areas of risk in the business
- Lead the execution of the Spotlight performance process across the teams and follow through of outcomes, next steps, preparing managers and providing training/guidance on tools
- Work with the Global's leaders and managers to build engagement for the employee culture initiatives such as wellbeing, Diversity and inclusion, company values etc
- Actively identify learning requirements and participants for learning programs
- Provide expertise and guidance to managers on complex employee relations, performance related matters ensuring are documented accurately utilising the associated tools and progress is reported (with minimal guidance from People Director's).
- Ensure that Globallers are treated fairly by the business.
- Build strong relationships with leaders and teams within the business to enhance overall individual, team & organisational performance
- Provide leadership and management of the People Partner
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
Deep strategic HR / people experience: A proven senior people partner with strength in organisation design, talent acquisition and development, employee relations, culture, succession planning and strategic thinking, both technical knowledge and ability to coach & influence real change.
Business acumen and commerciality: Proven ability to understand overall business objectives and work within a growth-focused business. Will have a track record of bringing an ROI-led approach to HR strategies.
Delivery excellence: A track record for implementing at pace and measuring success of HR initiatives. Ability to manage change and minimise complexity. Focus on continuous improvement and adept at complex stakeholder management to ensure that the people strategy is delivered for across the business.
People management and leadership: Have significant HR experience as a senior leader in a fast-paced environment. Have the ability to develop strong, respected and effective working relationships, with the ability to motivate others and influence new thinking.
Communication: Strong communicator with a logical, structured, clear, credible and mature style. Capable of quickly engaging audiences of all levels. Not afraid to challenge senior business stakeholders, including senior leaders where necessary
Analytical and data-driven approach: Will have deep problem solving and analytical capability, experience of managing and analysing HR metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long term plans
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can't possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that's why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Apply for Job