PRINCE EDWARD THEATRE
Home to the production of Mary Poppins
Job Vacancy - Stage Door & Security (25hs)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill this varied and dynamic role.
An enthusiastic and forward thinking person, you will demonstrate strong leadership skills, enjoy problem solving, relish new challenges and work closely with colleagues to achieve the highest possible standards.
We provide an exceptional customer experience to everyone coming to our theatres. A fully integrated training plan is provided which includes many transferable skills.
Main Functions: Operates a welcoming and professional Stage Door Reception office working according to the provided rota. Ensures compliance with DMT Health and Safety, Security and Covid-19 policies. Will be the Responsible Person in the event of an emergency whilst theatre management are absent. May be required to work at other DMT theatres.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers high standards of customer service, appearance and cleanliness at the Stage Door office.
- Keeps up to date with knowledge of the Theatre's shows, services, facilities and the surrounding area so that all enquiries can be accurately answered.
- Passes on all messages to other staff and cast members.
- Vigilant at all times to protect their own welfare and security and that of DMT staff, cast and crew and all other visitors.
- After training, follows the Theatre Security plan and follows all theatre security procedures.
- Will be part of the team handling security incidents as appropriate.
- Uses CCTV and controlled entry at Stage Door to ensure security of the building and colleagues.
- Reports any suspicious items or behaviour to theatre management and provides immediate response to an alarm activation.
- Assists in opening up and locking premises.
- Handles mail, deliveries and collections, logging accepted items within the terms of the Security Policy.
- Ensure all keys are signed in and out so losses can be traced. Report missing keys to Management at the end of each shift.
- Complies with DMT Health & Safety, Covid-19 procedures and Security Policies in line with training received.
- Ensure that the Stage Door Emergency Mobile phone is fully charged at the start of each shift.
- Is integral in the event of an emergency and maintains emergency grab bag.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Carry out instructions from Theatre Management and any of the emergency services.
- Maintains Incident Book and logs all movement of keys and other items as required.
- Contributes to an efficient internal communications system.
COMMUNICATION & LIAISON
- Ensures phone calls are always answered in a professional and timely manner.
- Forwards e-mails where necessary.
- Works as part of the theatre team to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Attends meetings, briefings and training as required.
- Uses the Facilities Management IT system to log maintenance issues.
- General administration duties, including maintaining accurate and up to date records relating to lost property.
- Completes any other delegated task as requested by Theatre Management.
- Great communicator in a customer facing environment
- Enjoys working as part of a small and busy team
- Works well under pressure
- Comfortable with lone working
- Open to learning new skills
- Reception experience
- Can use or learn to use computer programmes to input information
Salary: £11.84 per hour
Closing date: Friday 8 th October 2021
Hours: 25hs a week
For further information and to apply, please visit
Delfont Mackintosh Theatres is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment process is open to all. We are determined to foster a culture of inclusivity and respect where everyone feels valued and supported.
Apply for Job