Creative Programming & Events Manager
Job reference REQ06102
Location Rotherham Civic Theatre, South Yorkshire
Salary £39,880 - £42,821
Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions we are following Government advice and this may result in interviews being held via video call.
We are seeking an experienced cultural producer who will lead the development of Rotherham Council's outdoor events and festivals programme.
This busy team is responsible for the delivery of the annual Rotherham Show which features theatre, music and outdoor arts from world class touring shows alongside a blend of local acts and performers, attracting audiences of more than 80,000 people from across the region. The team leads the Christmas programme including the design and development of the annual lights programme and will also develop a range of cultural programmes in support of touring events such as UEFA Women's Euros in 2022, and Yorkshire Day in 2023.
Rotherham Council is now seeking a cultural producer with experience of developing and delivery high-profile, large-scale outdoor arts programmes, has extensive networks of artists, performers and touring performers, a proven track record of curating and hosting events and festivals and the ability to fundraise for these programmes.
We're looking for someone who can bring Rotherham's streets, parks and squares to life, creating a home for unique and distinctive cultural festivals and events and creating opportunities to bring the borough's diverse communities together.
The Creative Programming & Events Manager will also be responsible for engagement with community event organisers devising and delivering support programmes and chairing the Rotherham Events Safety Advisory Group (RESAG).
This role is a key strategic role leading a small but effective Events Team in the delivery of the Council's core events programme and supporting services across the Council and community event organisers to safely deliver high-quality community and civic events. The role requires:
- Experience and proven track record of developing and delivering high-quality, large-scale, creative and imaginative events
- Proven experience and track record of managing budgets and developing successful funding bids
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with and supporting community-led events and event organisers
- Knowledge and experience of audience development programmes and evaluation techniques relating to events and festivals
- Experience of working with a diverse range of artists and performers, and a good understanding of current equalities, inclusion and accessibility practices
- Experience of managing complex contracts and funding agreements with freelance artists and performers
- Knowledge and experience of current Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Legal requirements relating to event delivery.
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing staff teams and volunteers
- Proven track record of project management as relates to events and festivals including experience of control and command structures and Safety Advisory Groups as relates to events
This post is eligible for hybrid working but will be based at Rotherham Civic Theatre with events and festivals taking place across the borough.
For further information please contact Leanne Buchan on
This post will have access to the Public Services Network, if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at the Basic level (unspent criminal convictions).
Applications from Women, people from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities and Disabled People are welcomed as under-representation currently exists at this level within the organisation. Section 159 of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
From 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2022 employees paid at Band D and above are subject to a temporary pay reduction of 1.15% spread out by means of a weekly / monthly deduction (dependent on pay frequency) from each pay period over the full financial year. In recognition of implementing this temporary measure, those who experience a pay reduction will be awarded of three additional day's leave (pro rata for part-time).
Closing date 10/10/2021
For more information about the above post and to apply online Click Here
Apply for Job