At PwC, our purpose focuses on how we contribute to society, and how our business decisions can contribute to greater trust and solving important problems. We are a leading multi-disciplinary professional services Firm and our strategy consulting practice, Strategy&, was formed following our acquisition of Booz & Co in 2014.
Our mission is to deliver strategy-led, technology-enabled transformation for our clients. We are seeking to recruit an exceptional strategy professional with experience gained working within a leading telecoms operator, network OEM or technology company in a commercial strategy, technology/network strategy or new ventures position. As a key member of the team, you will have the opportunity to help shape commercial strategies and drive transformational business change for leading international players in the Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) sectors.
About the role
As a Senior Manager in Strategy&, you will support clients in developing their growth, innovation, digital and cloud-enabled transformation strategies. You will also help them reconfigure their business portfolios and functional capabilities through organic or inorganic development.
You will lead teams delivering engagements for clients and support the personal development of team members. You will be responsible for managing engagements from commencement to successful conclusion. You will be the day to day point of contact for client stakeholders, managing the activities of squads and workstreams to deliver against project milestones.
Typical daily activities would include structuring client problems, story-boarding project approaches and coordinating across the overall project. You will report to a Partner or Director, and provide guidance for Managers, Senior Associates and Associates.
Strategy& offers in-depth training across all consulting levels and will support your development throughout your career. Using a combination of formal training programs and informal coaching and feedback, our consultants develop their core analytical capabilities, broaden their understanding of business and deepen their knowledge of specific sectors.
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues in multi-disciplinary teams building your understanding of the interdependence of strategy, operations and technology in transforming businesses. You will also have the opportunity to participate in thought leadership development and building purpose-led industry initiatives.
- Managing strategy consulting and transformation engagements throughout the project lifecycle ensuring high quality and the achievement of commercial targets
- Providing deep expertise in one or more of the following domains: marketing strategy (including product innovation, pricing and distribution), network and technology strategy (including 5G, IoT, AI and Cloud), operating model and organisation design
- Building productive and lasting client relationships at all levels and contribute to originating and winning new work
- Building relationships within the PwC Network and contribute as an active member of the global TMT practice
- Embracing inclusion and diversity encouraging everyone to have a voice
- Pursuing continual self development and supporting colleagues with their development needs
- Participating in thought leadership in specific areas of agreed focus
- The successful candidate must have a clear track record of achievement and progression in the UK and/or international markets and be intellectually curious, with demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Previous experience is likely to have been in one of more of the following areas:
- Commercial Strategy (eg digital, channel strategy, new products development, pricing strategies)
- Growth Strategy (eg data monetisation, digital identity)
- New Ventures Strategy
- Digital / emerging technology strategy (eg VR/AR, Edge, software platforms)
- Network (eg 5G, 4G, Wifi, NB-IoT) or technology (eg BSS, OSS, CRM, CPQ, billing) strategy
- Experience of consulting would be preferable and strong oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite
- Excellent track record of academic achievement, highly numerate self-starter with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to solve unstructured problems
- Strong team player with empathy, humility and dedication to joint success and shared development
- A willingness to travel and flexibility to occasionally spend time away from home, including abroad as required
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Apply for Job