Offering an excellent opportunity within an award-winning company, a friendly and family-like workplace, a competitive starting salary, and opportunities for personal and professional development, we are looking for a creative Junior Editor to join our team.
Outlook Publishing is a leading digital media brand, producing regional business and travel magazines tailored for and read by industry leading companies and executives around the world. Our operations span Europe, The Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, and our product portfolio is constantly evolving into new markets.
As our Junior Editor, you will join our hugely successful Creative Services production team, working alongside the editorial and design team to create quality editorial content for our five business brands' monthly/bimonthly magazines and corporate websites.
The ideal candidate will either be a Graduate with demonstrable writing experience obtained during their course, or an already employed writer looking for a new challenge in the world of business writing.
Role Responsibilities - Junior Editor:
- Taking ownership of magazine content such as company profiles and standalone feature articles - from writing and, when applicable, obtaining approval of copy.
- Conducting regular interviews by video call, phone, or email and managing and maintaining business relationships through these channels.
- Assisting the editorial team in other processes such as proofreading, managing partnerships with industry events.
- Liaising with Outlook's sales and project management departments to ensure projects run smoothly.
- Aiding the editorial team across the board in fulfilling their ambitions for the department.
Key attributes should include:
- The ability to work to deadlines, while still producing quality written work.
- The ability to adapt to different house styles and article types, including advert text.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A strong work ethic and hunger to improve and learn from peers and colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial flair that lends to the generation of ideas in the content marketing sector.
- A level of self-confidence and an ability to thrive under pressure.
- The willingness to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit production team.
- An interest or experience in the business journalism sector - covering industries such as manufacturing, construction, technology, finance and energy - will prove beneficial.
Starting salary: £20,000 per annum
Start date: October 2021, followed by three-month probationary period
Please send examples of written/published work with any application - these can be links in a CV document or covering letter.
Apply for Job