Walker and Sloan are proud to be working with a well known Digital Marketing Agency situated in Berkshire as they are seeking a SEO Manager to join their team due to some fantastic growth within the agency.
The Planning Account Director is a principal senior client contact for the agency and is instrumental in the planning and direction of overall client digital strategy, and mid to long term digital multi-channel campaign strategy and planning. You are responsible for leading analysis and planning, monitoring results, leading optimisation and budget deployment decisions, ensuring all administrative processes are adhered to, thorough records are maintained, positive relationships are maintained with all depts., the clients' other agencies and the client, at all times..
Winning new business from existing clients and new prospects is a core responsibility. You can work alongside the new business and planning depts. to identify, plan, deliver and lead incisive and value-added business development projects, and to coordinate new business pitches having identified and qualified the opportunity. You are capable of enthusing and galvanising the wider agency team.
Fully responsible for your team of account planners and working very closely with the Planning Director, Head of media and Account Management and the Directors, you ensure the smooth delivery of all our services. You work with senior team members to plan individual staff skill development and training, and the longer-term development of the dept.
This is a big picture role in terms of working within the agency and with clients. To fulfil all your responsibilities, you will proactively lead and contribute to innovation, marketing, and sales team efforts
OPERATING AND MONITORING EXCELLENT WORKING PRACTICES
- Monitoring the status of campaigns managed by your team.
- Supporting your team in the smooth delivery of our services
- Developing the skills and expertise of your team.
- Lead monthly meeting and periodic performance review meetings structure and document preparation.
- Lead by example and develop team data analysis, presentation planning, and writing and presenting skills.
- Lead the identification of client account development opportunities in all channels
- Lead client strategy development, campaign planning and forecasting, helping all teams to develop their analysis and forecasting skill sets.
- Ensure we obtain full briefs from our clients and the whole team understand their KPI's, objectives, constraints, opportunities, challenges, and past results. Encourage your team to think outside the brief and come up with innovative ideas.
- Oversee the detailed planning of all campaigns, including audience and channel research, targeting decisions, campaign set up, best practice creative development including adhering to client sign off requirements, campaign execution, results reporting and campaign optimisation decisions.
- Oversee any digital projects for your clients ensuring we create accurate proposals detailing work to be undertaken, hit agreed deadlines and manage client expectations.
- Proactively build strong client relationships at mid and senior levels.
- Ensure all client queries are responded to appropriately and equimedia are proactive, managing and delivering to client expectations at all times.
- Attend all client meetings as required.
- Lead medium- and long-term planning for clients.
- Lead and direct the development of client strategy and oversee schematics and channel planning.
- Actively seek account development opportunities. Inform senior team of opportunities. Ensure solutions are delivered to overcome client challenges and develop our involvement in each clients' marketing wherever possible to make us invaluable to the client. Lead client education.
- Alert senior colleagues to any issues quickly and work with them to resolve challenges in our relationship with the client or our service delivery.
- Lead client meetings - particularly with senior staff and support the account team, giving them opportunities to shine and develop their presentation skills.
- Continuously develop knowledge of what is going on in digital media, the web and society, business, and culture in general, and lead research in your clients' business and markets.
FINANCIAL and AGENCY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide senior team with monthly and quarterly spend details ensuring annual schematics, PO spreadsheet and monthly schematics are up to date.
- Ensure all our finance processes are always adhered to, and client sign offs and PO are obtained and recorded appropriately.
- Manage the creation of quotes and proposals for your clients from all depts ensuring director sign off is obtained before being sent to the client.
- Ensure all work we do for clients is charged for appropriately.
- Ensure your team record their timesheets in Harvest accurately.
- Monitor our GP against hours spent on each client. Discuss issues with senior colleagues and seek ways to make our working practices more efficient and less time consuming.
- Have a business view of the annual schematic and business numbers - ensuring you are raising any areas of concern or opportunity proactively with Finance Controller.
- Ensure all campaigns and projects and managed in Teamwork
- Ensure all fees due are entered in ERIC alongside campaign spend, all billing is checked thoroughly, and no charges due are missed.
- Have a participative role within the client performance meetings and new business meetings.
- To be aware of, at all times, the inter dependencies of the role with other departments, and the necessity to work with other teams in a sensitive and diplomatic manner.
If interested, please contact Lee Curry at Walker and Sloan for more information!
Apply for Job