Enterprise Communications Manager
6 month contract
Negotiable rate of pay
The UK Enterprise Communications Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing integrated, multi-channel and multi-stakeholder communications to support the objectives of the Johnson & Johnson enterprise in the UK. This includes organisational and internal communications, issue and crisis management, Public Affairs activities, and media relations.
Working as part of the EMEA enterprise communications team, and liaising closely with UK sector communications teams, the role requires excellent stakeholder management skills but also a high degree of independent working.
- Issues and crisis management: communications lead for key J&J issues in the market, including COVID-19 and Brexit; design complementary internal and external communications strategies to minimise risk.
- Change-management communications: work with key functions to design integrated communications strategies to support major change management projects, such as site closures and major changes to UK benefits.
- Build strong alliances with UK functions such as HR, Government Affairs, CSR and D&I to foster productive collaborative partnerships; design and implement complementary internal and external communications to drive internal and external engagement in key areas.
- Design and implement internal communications strategies to drive employee engagement in 'One J&J' Mindset.
- Media Relations: Manage UK media enquiries in collaboration with global media relations and UK sector communications teams; support global media relations with UK specific activations and interviews.
- Proactively manage UK communications network: ensure a regular flow of information between UK comms teams and the enterprise to identify risk, topics to amplify and avoid clashes.
- Manage external PR agencies.
- Communications advisor to the UK Leadership Council: developing integrated communications strategy to support key UK enterprise pillars; provide communications advice on key global and market activations and issues management.
- Responsibility for the development and management of J&J UK website
- Project Management: oversee development and execution of key market communications projects, such as the UK Gender Pay Gap Report.
- Educated to degree level.
- 6+ years' experience delivering high-quality, integrated communications in a blue-chip company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
- Consistent track record of successful public affairs, public relations, media relations and/or employee communication achievements. Experience across various all these functions desirable but not essential.
- Experience dealing with national and local general-interest media, professional/trade and social media.
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external partners.
- Experience managing partner agencies to deliver work on time and on budget
- Excellent project management skills.
- English native speaker with excellent writing and editing skills and strong design/visual work.
- Excellent understanding of the provision of healthcare in the UK and the UK external environment.
- Excellent understanding of the broader healthcare industry.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and analytical ability.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and driving results through influence.
- Exercise a high level of independent judgement even in challenging, complex situations.
Apply for Job