Technical Support Specialist
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a critical member within Compliance Operations, ensuring resilience by providing the support that is required to allow the team to continue their essential work and remain future proof.
Our Compliance Operations Team ensure that activities undertaken by the business, our business partners, and our customers meet our high standards, and relevant laws and/or regulations. They support Sky in assessing, combating and preventing threats.
What you'll do
:- Maintain and monitor current support systems
- Provide team training of current systems
- Recording and maintaining a record of all operational software and support systems
- Assess patches, taking in to account any critical security issues
- Testing, applying patches and monitoring
- Ensuring suppliers patch systems as required, including checking when patches are issued and if they address critical security weaknesses.
What you'll bring:
- Technical Windows, SharePoint, SQL and VEEAM Back-Up experience
- Preferably Linux, Firewall, Network, SPLUNK and Syslogs
- Experience in communicating and dealing with customers including senior personnel
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within an organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst being able to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with the provisioning and handling of sensitive data.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply for Job