This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced part-time Copywriter and SEO Executive to join a leading UK charity. Proud of their history of successfully delivering multiple projects, the successful applicant will be joining a dedicated team whose focus is to promote the organisations values, raise awareness and maximise exposure.
The Copywriter and SEO Executive will assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of the marketing and communication strategy with the goal of increasing the charities reach and maximising exposure through production of print and digital media. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the successful applicant will be part of a small, dynamic marketing team. The successful part-time Copywriter and SEO Executive will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible working hours, employee assistance program and pension scheme.
Hours of work: 25 hours per week flexible between 8am - 8pm
· Reviewing and analysing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimised
· Develop optimisation strategies that increase the company's search engine results rankings
· Preparing detailed strategy reports
· Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic and data mining tools
· Writing powerful calls to action to convert visitors
· Conversion tracking
· Filling websites and other content with effective keywords
· Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts
· Developing link building strategies
· Analysing keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
· Keeping updated on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies to stay within search engine guidelines
· Write clear, persuasive, original copy for all marketing and communications needs including social media
· To develop and prepare publicity materials, print and digital media
· To ensure that print publications are accurate, professionally written and designed and conform to the organisation's objectives
· To support in the development and implementation of the organisations social media strategy and ensure it is streamlined with the organisation's vision, mission and values
· Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the art director
· Present ideas to the Head of Marketing and Head of Creative for approval and development
· Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar
· Amend, revise or redevelop copy or campaigns in response to feedback
· Keep up to date with developments in the international development sector and the news
· Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns
· To keep up to date with all media communications good practice, ethical and legal guidelines and implement accordingly.
· To liaise with designers and printers on the production of publicity materials
1. To hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively and at short notice.
2. To have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
3. The post holder may be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
· Educated to degree level, 2:1 or above in Media, English or equivalent degree/qualification.
· Experience with website optimisation tools, proficient with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
· Knowledge of PPC campaigns.
· Experience of writing creative content for marketing and communications purposes.
· Prior experience in content marketing, content growth and SEO.
· Working knowledge of search engine optimization practices.
· Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems.
· Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
· Excellent report writing skills, including the ability to produce accurate reports (with regards to language, numerical and referred/cited content/evidence).
· Good analytical skills.
· Good interpersonal skills with an approachable personality
· Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
· Flexibility to work additional hours.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Apply for Job