As our Head of Media and Policy, you'll lead the development and implementation of the organisation's media, social media, policy and influencing strategies and activities to deliver the organisation's goals.
We Are With You rebranded from 'Addaction' in February this year and this is an exciting and creative leadership role with the opportunity to make a big impact on how we build our profile, reputation and new brand.
You will put the people who need and use our services firmly on the agenda whilst managing the organisation's profile and reputation in the media and with the wider public.
You'll have close relationships with our leadership team, the media and policy team, the fundraising team, the communications team, the wider organisation, journalists, policy markers, civil servants, MPs and other key stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
You will have:
- Ability to plan and lead public facing campaigns including media, social media, policy and influencing activities
- An understanding of what works for the media and a track record of driving up media coverage with demonstrable results
- Proven knowledge of the UK media landscape covering news, consumer and PR outlets and strong media contacts
- Crisis communication and reputational management experience
- Awareness of what influences decision makers and how to achieve change
- Excellent social media skills
- Staff and performance management experience
- A track record of working in a busy press office or a newsroom
Please visit our website for further information and contact details.
This is a fixed term role (maternity cover) for 37.5 hours per week.
You will also receive an Inner London Weighting allowance of £2,759.00 per annum.
Interviews will be held via video conference, date to be confirmed.
Interested applicants should submit an online application form with a copy of their CV by Sunday 17 January containing a personal statement how you meet the personal specification set out in the role description.
We Are With You is one of the UK's leading charities working across drug, alcohol and mental health support. Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
We work with people on their own goals, whether that's staying safe and healthy, making small changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that's right for them either face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people in England and Scotland every year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so that more people can get support.
Benefits of working with us
- 28 days holiday plus a bank holiday allowance
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit scheme
- Flexible working patterns to help with work life balance
- Training and development opportunities 24/7 access to employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Information about us and our recruitment processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and have committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of our work. We actively encourage applications from but not limited to BAME candidates. We are only able to employ those who have the legal right to work in the UK.
We want to safeguard and protect the children, young people and adults we work with. Our rigorous selection process applies to all applicants to support this aim. If you are applying for a role which involves regulated activity you will need to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (including Barred Lists) check (if in England) or become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme (if in Scotland). We will also seek references as part of the selection process for this role, including from your current or most recent employer.
Apply for Job