Kinnerton Confectionery is part of the brand new Zertus UK & Ireland Snacking and Chocolate Market Unit. We are one of the market leaders for chocolate licensing and seasonal confectionery in the UK, taking chocolate sourced from all around the world and transforming it into delicous treats depicting the nation's children's favourite characters. Innovation is at the heart of our Business and we launch exciting new products on a regular basis under our own Brands and for major retailers. We also play a significant part in the 'free from' market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Pre-Press Manager to join our Marketing team (home-based).
As a Pre-Press Manager at Kinnerton, you will be responsible for a small team of Artwork & Reprographics Operators, ensuring that the daily management of the function runs smoothly and all processes are maintained. You will oversee the smooth transition of designs through to printed packaging, ensuring that they are print-ready and meet all of the necessary technical standards and specifications.
We're looking for an experienced Artwork and Reprographics professional, with experience in food packaging artwork. If you're inquisitive by nature, with a willingness to look for novel and innovative solutions, as well as isnpire and motivate a team, this role could be for you!
The main duties of the Pre-Press Manager may include, but are not limited to:
* To ensure that all images and files are complete and ready for printing according to the printer specifications.
* Delivery of verified colour standards, within specification and to Printer's requirements.
* Offering technical advice and ensuring all artwork is achievable within print production constraints.
* Delivery of work to Key Milestone Dates.
* Liaison with other Kinnerton teams to ensure delays are removed and escalation of issues which will create delays.
* Ensure all guidelines are followed.
* Checking for any artwork errors.
* Pre-flight checking of Reprographics, Checking and issuing for Printer approval.
* Using Adobe Creative Suite for artwork and prepress.
* Build a close working relationship with onsite project managers and where required the clients, offering all aspects of technical advice, training and education.
* Maintain relationships with key printers.
* Attend client and supplier meetings when required.
* Take ownership of projects, implementing agreed best working practice.
* Risk assessment of all new designs, for printability across processes, file set up and advise at earliest stage if change or trial work required.
* Check and sign off all stage 1 designs on Innovator.
* Check and sign off all 1st in range master/hero artwork setting the standard for all future sku's within the same range.
* Attend press pass approvals when required.
Key Skills Required:
* Experience in consumer Food Packaging sector
* Experience on press with hands on knowledge
* Previous experience of FMCG/food brand solutions.
* Experience in Artwork production/ as an Artwork and Reprographics Operator.
* Team management experience.
* Master of Esko software solutions and workflows.
* Proven knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
* Demonstrable knowledge of repro skills for Litho, Flexo and Gravure printing processes.
* Colour management knowledge and application.
* Good pre-press and PDF workflow knowledge.
At Kinnerton we are committed to ensuring that all our people, at every level, have access to opportunities to develop their skills, knowledge and abilities within their given roles, and are given the help and support they need to ensure that they capitalise on opportunities to grow with the company.
We're also proud to offer generious holiday entitlement (25 days plus bank holidays), company pension scheme, a holiday-purchace scheme, the cycle to work scheme, paid leave for community/ charity work, staff involvement events and free car parking onsite.
We are a family at Kinnerton. We believe this is one of our key success factors. Kinnerton's exciting, fast paced business means that you will be stretched and challenged in whatever role you take up. A large proportion of our senior management team having been promoted internally. For us to continue to be successful, we need to attract the very best talent. We need people who are committed to producing innovative products of an exceptional standard, in the most sustainable and responsible way. If you share our values. Apply now and we can help you to achieve your potential and become part of Kinnerton's ongoing success story
Apply for Job