The Bauer Academy is Bauer Media's in-house, Government approved training and education business.
At the Bauer Academy, we believe in educational change. We passionately believe it's in the interests of learners and employers that education evolves. We contribute to this journey by challenging the status quo, finding creative solutions and developing collaborations.
We are recruiting for a Development Coach for our Apprenticeship Programmes, both inside Bauer Media ('Bauer Accelerator') and for External Clients. Development Coaches are an integral part of the learner experience - they have regular face to face and remote meetings with learners and their line managers, guiding them through their Programmes (which last a minimum of 12 months) and offering them coaching, support and practical help.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
Our northern star in the Academy is that we always put the learner first and our development coaches play a key role in this. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out 12 weekly face to face coaching sessions with learners and their line managers to review progress. Ensuring that the 20% 'off the job' (which we call Dedicated Development Time) aspect of each apprenticeship is thoroughly probed and tracked accordingly.
- Having an excellent working knowledge of the Apprenticeship Programme, and the subject area* that can be used to guide and support each learner towards successful completion. (*our portfolio includes Programmes on Leadership, digital marketing, Content production, Journalism, Sales, Fundraising and Creative advertising).
- Monitoring progress of each learner to ensure that they are on track to complete their apprenticeship Programme successfully. Providing additional help or resources for those who are falling behind and those who need to be 'stretched and challenged'
- Writing up all relevant paper work including visit reports in a timely fashion and ensuring that these are uploaded to our Learning Management System, Open eLMS (in house system)
- Helping each learner to prepare for their End Point Assessment as appropriate, for example reviewing assessments, portfolios and role play of professional discussions
- Providing pastoral assistance, for example by sharing time-management and wellbeing information and techniques and signposting to relevant resources and agencies when needed.
Being alert to learner indicators that may necessitate welfare or safeguarding intervention by the Bauer Academy designated safeguarding team, and following our defined processes to ensure that these are dealt with effectively.
You should have a working knowledge of at least one of our subject matters (digital marketing, content production, journalism, leadership, sales, creative advertising and fundraising). Please indicate this in your application.
- Working knowledge of at least one of our specialist subject areas (digital marketing, content production, journalism, leadership, sales, creative advertising or fundraising).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an intuitive and empathetic listener and communicator who can display confidence when working with learners and their line managers at all levels of seniority
- Excellent attention to detail, process and project management skills
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, able to efficiently plan time
- Flexible - willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and to support each and every delegate
- Diplomatic when dealing with sensitive information, particularly in respect of the learner and their relationship with their line manager
- Strong written skills, attention to detail shown around grammar, spelling and appropriate tone of voice.
- Strong I.T. literacy including a strong working knowledge of Open eLMS (training will be provided)
- Able to share success stories and promoting the Academy's work (internally and externally) to grow awareness for the Academy brand
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Highly collaborative, with good inter-personal skills - persuasive, bright and positive
- Can-do attitude
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion - to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media UK is in the unique position of having its own in-house training provider available for all Bauer People: The Bauer Academy's Accelerator Programme is designed to help you learn new skills, increase your personal development and build a wider network of Bauer People. Our Learning & Development courses are widely used to upskill people at all stages of their career - there are a number of Bauer People at director level who are currently on Programmes, as well as learners who are just starting their careers with us.
For more information about us please find our website
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That's why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It's part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you'll be an important part of this as well.
Apply for Job