Do you have a passion for great content and quality journalism?
Do you want to help lead a collaborative team of talented journalists who shape the news agenda in Blackpool and Fylde
You will know how to find the best line in a writer's copy and present a story in the most impactful way online. Your understanding of the Editor's Code and media law will be up to date
The growth and satisfaction of our digital subscriber base is a top priority for our newsroom and your team's content decisions will support our growth and retention strategy.
You will have a desire to learn, develop and help embed change in an exciting and fast-paced team and will take responsibility for the development of colleagues while sharing skills and insights with the wider newsroom. An expert influencer, you will be able to get the best performance out of big, highly-experienced characters, talented up-and-comers and passionate experts in their fields.
Already living in a world of social media, you will have a grasp of SEO and a natural understanding of what makes great digital content - and you will always want the stories your team produces to be the most in-depth in the market with a schedule packed full of expert insight, analysis and original commentary.
* Delivery of an agenda of expert analysis and commentary across key topics for The Lancanshire Post websites.
* Help manage and motivate a team of experts and influencers
* Staying analytically informed and target driven
* Ensures team is creating highly engaging content in line with our brand content plans
* An experienced journalist or editor with an NCTJ qualification or equivalent experience and an understanding of the IPSO code
* Able to understand and react to digital analytics
* Able to create engaging digital multimedia
* Able to present information in an engaging way
* A keen eye for a story and an understanding of what drives audiences
* Ability to follow analytics, identify content trends and come up with original content ideas
* Understand how to drive engagement and audience
* Be capable of managing the timely output of accurate copy
* A people person, able to work collaboratively with other managers and help direct reports understand newsroom goals
JPIMedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, secual orientation, disability or age. Consideration will be given to flexible working options for all roles
Apply for Job