Covid-19 Inspection Team Manager - UK Workplaces
- REMOTE WORKING
- £350 per day
- INSIDE IR35
Our client has increased its capacity and capability to undertake checks and inspections related to COVID secure workplaces over the past few months. They have now significantly increased the size and scale of our spot check operations and need an additional key role, reporting to the Spot Check Operations Manager and working with Senior Managers, to lead the co-ordination of GB wide business premise visit and inspection activity.
The Field Activity Manager will deliver the effective workload management of our client's spot check activity, ensuring that capacity across the different teams and organisations is understood, and that work is appropriately defined, prioritised, allocated and tracked.
The Field Activity Manager will be directly responsible for a small team of ex- Inspectors who are undertaking spot check work, and be the main liaison point between operational teams.
This role plays a key part in our client's COVID response in ensuring that we deliver our objectives, can effectively respond to changing priorities and ultimately provide public assurance that GB workplaces are COVID secure.
- Responsibility for a small team of inspectors undertaking spot check work, ensuring that they are fully utilised and effectively managing their performance
- Work closely with senior managers to ensure that we manage demand, workload and resources to meet service objectives
- Ensure that systems, processes and ways of working are effective and work with the project team to continually improve onsite spot check functions
- Monitor and manage Stage 3 referrals (cases referred to inspectors)
- Working with field teams to verify targets and eliminate the opportunity for duplication
- Oversee and evaluate the inspector spot checks overtime scheme
- Working with spot check operations teams to manage the pipeline of third-party field suppliers including the prioritisation and allocation of work
- Work with the project team to ensure that we are appropriately prioritising our field spot check activities, are targeting effectively, are proportionate, and that we are adapting to changes rapidly
- Work with senior leaders to ensure effective end-to-end service workload management and reporting, regardless of where in the organisation activities are undertaken
Essential Skills and Experience
- Solid operational management experience, ideally including the management of field operations
- Planning, co-ordination and organisational skills with the ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build consensus and relationships among managers and senior stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take the lead when needed
Apply for Job