Key to this role is to be an expert learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
* Present lectures on technical and creative topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
* Guide and coach students in creating quality work.
* Challenge and encourage students to do better.
* Learn the pipeline tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
* Communicate effectively and proactively with partner departments, including the Animation department and recruiting.
* Create and improve on documentation and written learning content.
* Run training dailies and provide feedback and reviews.
* Assess whether the students are meeting targets, work with them to improve, and provide feedback about their success to the head of department (HOD) across the different business units.
* Review success of students after each round with all partners, enhance successes and address failures.
We may extend teaching contracts between courses to continue to improve the curriculum. Responsibilities include:
* Create and edit video tutorials with an emphasis on brevity, clarity and zero errors.
* Work with partners in departments to coach and support them in the creation of educational materials - such as tutorials, documentation, and project files.
* Ongoing development of our curriculum to effectively meet the needs of students and production
Apply for Job