There's more to marketing than running an advertising campaign and hoping it performs well.
That's why we like to say we're as good a listener as we are a talker. By that we mean we communicate with our customers and restaurant partners in the same way. We stick to our brand values and ensure each remains as excited about building the world's greatest food community and discovering new flavours as we are.
Joining our Marketing department, one minute you could be working on a TV campaign and the next a Halloween discount offer push. It's fast-paced, fun, creative and varied.
Location: London or Amsterdam
This is a great opportunity to join the Media team at Just Eat Takeaway - a team responsible for the media strategy and above-the-line (ATL) media buying across 17 markets in Europe.
We are after a Senior Media Lead who will be accountable for the media strategy, budget and performance of all above-the-line media in one country cluster (North West or South East).
- Leading a team of media experts, you will own the media planning schedule and delivery across circa 8 markets, working closely with the Country marketing team.
- You will be accountable for the performance of your assigned cluster of markets, making budget optimisation decisions across a multi-million euros budget.
- A strategic thinker, you will keep a bird's-eye view of your portfolio and guide your team in building plans that are tailored to market challenges and opportunities. In particular, you will ensure agency briefing is held to the highest standards.
- A media expert, you will act as a key point of escalation for the media agency and will be looked up to for strategy approval. You will be expected to have the knowledge and experience to be able to challenge the agency where appropriate.
- A fine negotiator, you will represent Just Eat Takeaway in commercial and legal talks with third parties such as agencies, auditors and media owners.
- You will help your team navigate multiple stakeholder relationships with in-house teams (Digital, Campaigns, Insights), making sure they all work towards an aligned vision for media and brand.
- You will represent the Media team with senior stakeholders and run cross functional projects within the wider Marketing team.
- This role has three direct reports.
Required skills and experience
- You have solid proven experience working in marketing with significant experience in media, ideally gained client-side. As such, you have been a key decision-maker across all steps of the media buying process (strategy, planning, buying, reporting).
- You have a track record of leading teams to drive performance from high budget media campaigns, ideally across multiple markets.
- A big picture person, you are able to translate business priorities into objectives and KPIs for your team.
- Not just a media expert - you have experience leading projects beyond media alongside other marketing departments.
- A friendly but firm negotiator, you are able to showcase examples of striking advantageous deals for your company
- An engaging speaker, you have had previous experience presenting to senior management (Director level or C-level).
- An analytical mind, you are able to pull trends from large data sets and synthesize them in clear communications adapted to all levels. You are also used to dealing with data ambiguity
- Ideally speak one other European language.
Why work at Just Eat Takeaway.com?
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform - connecting millions of customers with over 205,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base - to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We're built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat Takeaway.com the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees - helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We're a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
Apply for Job