Content Editor x2
We're looking for two news editors who can help make sure the most important stories of the day reach the readers who need to see them - even if they're not looking for them.
Google recently announced the launch of Showcase, a partnership with publishers to help reveal the most important stories of the day to readers around the country.
It's a frustration we've all had - how do we get the stories which to readers who need them - but don't know to be looking for them?
In this role, you'll be part of the answer! You'll work with newsrooms across the country - from the Mirror to the MEN, the Star to StokeOnTrentLive, to pick the stories which need to be promoted, updating various surfaces multiple times a day.
You'll have a small team of trainee journalists working with you, who will split their time between your team and developing as reporters themselves.
We need someone with great news sense who understands what each and every one of our brands is trying to stand for.
We set out to inform, indulge, inspire and involve our readers in our stories. We want to be part of everyday life, the turn to source for news and information right across the UK. And whenever possible, we want to do it with a smile, too.
This role puts you right at the heart of our editorial operation. Daily, you'll be working with newsrooms across the UK to choose the stories we should be promoting, and feeding back on what's working too.
This role can be based anywhere Nationwide.
What will the role involve?
- You will lead the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- You will look after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Publishing content online
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you'll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence in preferable
So, who are we?
Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job